1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Google Blocks Stratic as infected!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DarkScripture, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D209002&hl=en
    What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 109 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-05-28, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-05-27.
    Malicious software includes 4 scripting exploit(s), 4 trojan(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 6 new process(es) on the target machine.
    Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including 65.111.174.0/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS7859 (PAIR).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, vboards.stratics.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

2. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

3. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

I think they've figured this out by now, heh.

4. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

IBTL :p.

This has been talked about already.

5. This is posted for those that did not see the posts that was pushed off. Also over the years many false reported have been made about the same subject, This is the very first time I have personally seen Google block Stratics.com.
    .. I am aware that the Stratics Team may full well know the extent of the infections, but others visitors that have not posted in the last week ( this being Friday more ppl may visit) as the old post was pushed off, may not be. I also listed information and a link for those that may not have understood the other posts.

6. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Can we get an official message from Stratics here or even better on the Uo herald as this is EAMythics actual forums it would be nice to know wha'ts going on and if its safe to be here. This is the first time ever iv seen this message and google blocking stratics.

Thanks

Thunderz

*runs off to close stratics and watch uoherald before i come back after scanning my computer.*

7. blueturtle

blueturtle Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

And why would the herald post something about it seeing as stratics is an independant thing

8. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

yet nothing has been done.

9. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I find I am moderated now, too. It's...It's like coming of age! :lol:

10. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

As this is UO's "official" forum these days so they have to take joint responsibility when things go wrong. If they don't want to they should go back to having there own forums were we can chat and post "safely".

And it would be very efficient for every UO player to be able to find out on the herald "safe site" or at the log in window what's going on with Stratics as many people wont log onto Stratics now untill they know its safe.

Thunderz

11. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

It will come. :gun:

12. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Plenty of good cleanup stuff happened last night. I watched things progress from looking very very ugly at one point to the site being taken offline completely and then coming back with a "maintenance in progress" message posted. Glad to see that it looks like the cleanup may have been successful and whoever got in to cause all the problems has been locked out.

13. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry? The admins have been working all night to remove the infection, if you check the google page the last time it found something on Stratics was yesterday, It will take a few days for Google to remove the alert.

The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-05-28, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-05-27.

Make sure you know what your talking about before blurting out nothing has been done, I assure you LOTS has been done.

14. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Your safe to browse the forums, They are now clean, It will take a while for google to change the alert to safe, It needs to test the site.

15. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

You're...la

16. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

So you're telling that there was a problem?

Should i scan my sytem for a virus?

17. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The funniest thing I read during the whole debacle was someone who posted that they weren't able to view the site with any browser except IE 6, so that was the one they went with... That is the LAST browser in the world you would want to be using if there is a potential problem with a site...

However, it seems to me I tried to respond to that post, but was unable to...

18. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Lalalalalalalalala until i kill your Rico, what server and what facet? Im gona hunt you down and nuke you... La!!!!!!!

Thanks

Thunderz

19. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend

This thread is sooo before lunch, get with the program, it's solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.