1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Got it back, thanks ayahuasca

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by FrejaSP, Oct 19, 2008.

1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I don't know it it's worth the 2 mills, I will pay you back as fast I can.
    Some asked what kind of bow it was.

Magical Shortbow
    42 Hit Stamina Leech
    44 Hit Lightning
    5 Hit chances Increase
    30 Swing speed Increase
    57 Damage Increase

Guess I better write down it so I can remember it, if I ever should lose it again, hope it will never happen again.
    Thanks to ayahuasca and to all who offered to help me.

2. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

How much is Speedy asking?

3. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

2 mills, no way I can affort that

4. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't get it.

5. FrejaSP

Gloria Estafan did

6. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Tell Gloria I'll buy it for Freja. I will be home later tonight, I'm actually on the road today.

Could you PM me how to reach Gloria Speedy?

7. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

which bow.... and I would be willing to make a trade or make a deal if gloria wants to PM/ICQ me

8. FrejaSP

I will pay you back as fast I can. I had hoped losing a bow to a bug should not cost mills, I would never had demanded anything for something I know my victim had blessed.

9. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Talk to TnT about it. They changed the rules on returning items.

10. FrejaSP

I don't think I have a pic og it. It's dryed white and had some nice mods, I brought it of Fidessa several years ago for 250k, was cheap.

11. FrejaSP

I'm not TnT, sure I was MYTH a short time, but that was a mistake, I left, did not like the alliance with TnT.

Why do TnT's rules effect me and my lost bow?

12. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

agreed, I am not MYTH nor TNT how do their rules affect your behavior with me?

13. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I don't own the bow, but I'd assume it's a blacklist thing

14. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Welcome to Siege, i would recommend reading the FAQ sticky post to help better acquaint yourself with the shards ruleset, enjoy your stay !

15. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

that has me puzzled? blacklist?

16. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Freja, the thing is, they only have your word that it was blessed. You may have accidentally undone it at some point and don't remember (dropping something into a container unblesses it, btw)

For someone who touts this shard's ruleset for the last 7+ years, the whole time talking about how dying and losing stuff being the norm, you sure are crying about it a lot.

As for paying mills for a bow you paid 250k for, inflation is a *****!

17. FrejaSP

I know **** happens, I guess I will have to look for a new bow and move on. Just hard I guess, I had had it for years so it's almost a part of me.

18. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

I am on line right now. I will buy the bow.

19. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

Im gonna use someone elses post on this one.. So lets say Verum loses his bokuto to me and wants to buy it back... My responce should be.. "Well KOC said that the rules on lost items has changed so you cant buy it back, Thank KOC for not being able to buy your Weapon Back" .. Like that?

Further more.. On Razics "Find" Lets say Akaku kills me and loots my blessed 1/3.. which is basically his.. but a slight upgrade, If he was planning on running it considering its better, would it be wrong of him to Not sell it back?
    I use this example because at the time razic did not have a blessable 1/3 and Akakus fit nicely.. But to my understanding he sold it back anyway. rolleyes:

20. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Before what happened to Aka, I would have given pretty much any item back. Now I see how Siege works. I have more money and items than I'll ever need, but people can't be civil. 3m to buy back a bracelet, seems ridiculous to me.

21. FrejaSP

I can't see what I have to do in the fight between TnT amd KOC, I always respected KOC, so I don't understand why I get labeled TnT, I had never been TnT, I was in MYTH very short, not long enought to become full member and I left because I did not fit in, could not accept some of the rules in TnT.
    It sound like a bad excuse to label me TnT

22. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

So speedy.. lets say you loot a ..

1/3
    15% DCI
    8% LMC
    12% SDI

Ring off someone that accidently didnt bless it (Before all this happened) Would you just "Yah here ya go bro.. enjoy" or "I think i might use this considering its an upgrade from what i have"

And also.. I gotta agree with F on this one... she has nothing to do with either KOC/TNT your just using it as an excuse to not sell/give her item back.

23. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I would give it back. I've given away millions and millions of gold and items to people. I'm not going to enhance my game play 1% to ruin someones 100%.

24. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

So if i run all kinds of great items unblessed and come to fight you.. I should expect to have them retured to me, correct? Or are you " Enhancing your gameplay by 1% and ruining someone elses by 100%? "

You have me confused with the.. I would always give items back.. but im not giving your items back thing ya got goin on there..

25. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

my archer lost her bow once also. i also was distraught. it was a present from Ibichi and the only bow my archer used. luckily, a fine gentleman, Sir Morder, picked it up and sold it back to me for very cheap.

I hope the founder of your item returns your item Lady. :heart:

26. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

Thank you Gloria for quick, honest transaction. Bow has found its' way home.

No one will ever know whether bow was indeed blessed or not. Freja remembers blessing it and keeping it that way. I myself have screwed up lots of times- it's a way of life for me. Its' possible it bugged somehow, or possible a mistake was made.

We enjoy playing with each other here, whether it is in helping each other, or needling each other. Myself, I think by enhancing each others' game play, we enhance our own.

Money was made, and items returned. I hope everyone has fun, and a wonderful day.

27. ChumBucket

ChumBucket Guest

And people (players) wonder why Siege has such a low population? More often than not, it feels like a high school drama-fest than a community driven game. Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. I would hate to see how some of the people on this shard get along irl, because if their mindset is anything like here, they lead sad lives, indeed.

28. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

*nods* This is what you should do.

This game has one and only one policy about looting:

The looter gets to do one of the following actions:
    1. Throw it in the trashcan.
    2. Store it.
    3. Use it.
    4. Sell it.
    5. Leave it on the corpse.

No guild on Siege Perilous has any authority to inforce a policy about looting
    of items off of corpse...
    If any guild says it does is just delusional!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

29. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

well.. going from the story told here...

The bow Freja were carrying around that was blessed was bright orange... not white... and it had spell channeling... I'm even pretty sure it was an elven comp bow too...

30. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Since when have there been 'rules on lost items'? I thought each loss and loot was strictly between the loser and the looter, and the amount respect between them (which of course is sometimes negative).

The excuse 'I did it because they did it' isn't acceptable in the school yard, it is here?

31. FrejaSP

Sure not, it was a white bow, all who know me well will know this one is my bow:

Magical Shortbow
    42 Hit Stamina Leech
    44 Hit Lightning
    5 Hit chances Increase
    30 Swing speed Increase
    57 Damage Increase

32. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Yeah, I understand... but when you showed up I looked at the bow you had in your hands... it was spell channeling and orange. I remember thinking *what temp is she running* with the bow you were carrying.

But either way... glad you got your bow back.

Chao

33. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Or they are just laid back and get along because they do not take a video game so serious... again I feel I need to do this from time to tiem

Ultima Online is a game that people play for fun...

34. FrejaSP

I never run with other bows than this one so that's not true or it was when I came back after a rez, I was around my house. picked up a Elven Com bow, SC, HLL 36, HCI 17, DI 57, Yew so yes it was somewhat orange but that one was in my house when I lost my white bow.

35. ChumBucket

ChumBucket Guest

That is my point, Kage... It's a game... so to bring drama and petty bull**** into it? Judging by the trash that flies around the forums here, I wouldn't say the folks doing it are "laid back". The slams, the trash talk, the "you hide in your house, come out you [bleeping] chicken [bleep]" is not conducive to recruiting players to join the shard. Just my two shillings.

36. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

/signed