1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

got it handed to me by Monstrous Interred Grizzlein

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by bob da builder, Jun 4, 2009.

1. its not that he hit that hard its just that i could not curse my wep.
    i am going to try vamp form next time i fight him maybe that will work better so i don't have to curse my wep. if any one has fought him i would be greatfull for some of there tactics.

2. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm lost...you have enough skill to cast Curse Weap but couldn't cast it at the Grizz? Was it because you were being interrupted?

3. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I try not to fight that peerless on a melee char other than an archer due to the acid that it puts on the ground.

4. If you use an Assassin suit you don't have to worry about the acid that much. :lick:

5. Why didn't you have Protection cast to keep from getting interrupted?

6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Don't stand in acid.

It hurts.

Apart from that, I only did it once, and that was before the necro changes. But it still probably comes down to "Don't stand in acid." and "Jousting is good."

7. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Never tried it wearing an Assassin suit. I just know that if you stand in the acid to long, even if you manage to stay alive, it knocks durability off your armour pretty quickly.

8. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You need to work your suit around protection
    If you are standing in acid, you will need to move anyway if you are using vamp form because you won't leech enough
    Also use feint if possible, go watch that wraith solo video for grizzle... the guy used wind's edge.....

9. guna use protection next time i fight him that should do better :}

10. Just a note on Protection, if you are human Protection is -14 Phys, if you elf its -15 Phys. Apparently affected by the Jack Of All Trades Inscription skill. Not a huge difference but I was looking at a Protection build recently so thought I'd mention it. Either way both would be covered by the +15 from Wraith Form which it sounded like you were using the first time.

My one (& only) attempt at soloing Bedlam failed as I didn't prepare properly. I will try again one day! I had seen a video of it being done with the Dreads Revenge, I think this was so that you're always swinging at the cap even with 0 Stamina, plus its 100% Poison damage.

Edit:
    Also if you're doing this with Necro/SS you can Corpse Skin it to lower it's Poison by another 15 for more damage.

11. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

i was hitting and leeching enough its just his slowing effect was too much for me and i couldnt keep up with his damage after it..........balm of protection reduces the acid damage...not worth it on melee if u ask me...your equipment gets too messed up...id rather just solo it on my tamer.....all u have to do is vet heal the whole time.