1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Got my pc back... what happened?!

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Bob_the_fart_guy, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 26, 2005
    So, I got my pc back from the ole' repair shop and I notice that there is a new pirate expansion. I...I don't even know where to begin. I've spent all morning reading up on all the threads I can find on UOguide.com to try to get as much a lowdown as possible. Maybe someone knows the very first answer to a question I have about it all though... Are the old boat style going to become a rare? Or will they still stay in the game? Anyone know if that has been addressed?

Also... I think like 99% of everyone, including me, plays on the old 2d client, not the newer one that the Devs seem to be trying to cram down our throats. Is there any screenshots of the new boats on the 2d client?

I'll continue to research this new expansion. Oh, and I'm glad I got my pc back.
  2. Krinkle

Krinkle Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 16, 2010
    The current boats will still be in the game. People who do not buy the expansion will still need something to ride as they will not have acces to the new ships.

As far as I know, there are no ship pics for the 2d client.

The expansion is supposedly in internal alpha testing as of the 8th.
  3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    Krinkle seems to have covered things pretty well.

I can only add one thing:
    Welcome back Bob.
  4. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

Really, thats an odd thing to take from the demo, they said the whole thing was developed in the CC. I thought they used the EC so that the audience at the demo could see the boats? In the CC it would not be possible to see two whole boats on the screen at once.

As for your 99% number I am going to make up some other random meaningless number like: 28% of players use the EC full time and another 10-20% use it occasionally. Do my made up numbers make you mad?