1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Government System Feedback

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by Kyronix, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer

Aug 24, 2012
    Access to global town criers is not something that is likely to be given. Loading up the town criers with the messages from our Event Moderators, whatever global events may be happening, and the added messages of up to 9 Governors is too cumbersome. The Town Criers are also severely limited in the length of text they can announce. Instead, what I think would work better is if the City Heralds perhaps would announce headlines from the bulletin boards. Perhaps even having a "newspaper" feature when a player logs in, that can be toggled on and off, that updates them with a host of global, EM, governor, and player events alike. Of course that is a major undertaking but I think would pay off in a big way.

As for changes to the global chat, that's something I'll have to kick around with engineering as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

#1 Kyronix, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    BrianFreud and ShadowTrauma like this.