1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Governorship Special Elections

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hoffs, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

So at the King's Council meeting today, the governors of Britain and Vesper were voted out of office for being, well, permanently out of their office. Meanwhile, governor Gooch has reportedly fled Sosaria, and although he will not officially be removed until the September meeting, his Minoc office is effectively also open. The King has now charged the remaining members of the Council to find suitable replacements for these positions. Nominations will be made at the September meeting and voted on by the Council.

For Vesper, the obvious choice is Victim, would has stood in for governor Cross at the recent meetings and has expressed his willingness to take over.

For Britain, deputy Holden comes to mind, although we will have to await the return from his travels for him to speak. But in the shock event of the evening, governor Kelmo of Trinsic expressed his desire to take over the running of the capital.

As for Minoc, one Nonel Topd came forward at the meeting and stated his willingness to take over stewardship of Minoc/Barter Town.

But if there is anyone else who wishes to be considered for one of the posts, please make yourself known and state your intentions/credentials.

2. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Wouldnt it be a good idea to put the guy that lost by just a few votes in brit? ya know the true and rightful king of Britain - The Lord Hugibear!

Kat, Leaf, Zalfein and 3 others like this.
  3. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I would like to Officially present myself for Candidacy of The Governor of Vesper. I will be speaking with the Governors over the next month to address any of their concerns, and to gain their trust for holding this position. I will not take this position as lightly as I take life, but will do everything in my power to lead Vesper with wisdom, courage, and sanity. (no offense meant Sam)

startle, Baby Doll and TheDrAJ like this.
  4. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

this reminds me of "Game of Thrones" rofl

Baby Doll and kelmo like this.
  5. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I have no problem with Victim as the permanent governor of my home city of Vesper. He seems like the type to turn a blind eye at some of the darker activities in town. ;)

Baby Doll likes this.
  6. HoldenCaulfield

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crimson Savages CLAN

To be honest, I got a taste of what it is like to be governor of Britain these past few weeks and haven't really enjoyed it. Rather than it being a game, I suddenly felt like I had obligations and I really don't want that as I think my overall UO vision has changed and I don't have the same enthusiasm I once did.

Right now, I enjoy the arena duels and hanging with my guildies and plan to stick to that. Hard to get motivated about much else with the low populations.

I also think Bo makes a good point, I think I had what, like 3 votes. Bo would probably be a good governor if he really wants it and it is not a repeat of his other vastly, silent terms of office. Would just like to see someone on the stone who can do a trade deal as with Cat gone, kind of hard to recruit anyone to a city that can't offer anything of that sort.

Hopefully we can see some progress regardless of who is governor.

See you in game.

Thanks,
    Holden

Blaeke, Leaf and Baby Doll like this.
  7. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Very admirable of you Holden, I just want to see some Governors that are actually going to do things, and actually be seen by people other than in a screen shot of a 3am Void Pool ranking.

Kat likes this.
  8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Even though my vote doesn´t count, I vote for Bo in Britain should he want it. It´s only fair.

Blaeke and Troop like this.
  9. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

It would be good if people can fill these positions that seem to be abandoned. I'm hopeful that we will have governors in all cities soon.

Baby Doll likes this.
  10. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Towns are running a muck without leadership.

#10 Troop, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I too agree about letting Hugibear get a second chance

Kat and Baby Doll like this.
  12. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This has been, for me, such a classic UO moment.

I applaud Holden for being honest.

Where are the voices of the citizens of Britain?
    admittedly I did not attend the council meeting, so there may have been population that spoke on the matter.

As a citizen of Britain - I voted for, and would still support, Hugibear.
    Hugibear publicly proclaimed that he would not be able to (nor choose to as I understand it) attend a meeting.
    I was OK with that and that is why I made him my choice.
    Isn't this exactly where we are with the unfolding events any ways?
    (without anyone able to make council-decided qualification for governorship participation, primarily meeting representation).

I'm not fond of the idea of multi-town governorship, but if appointment is of councils choice, my opinion may be of little value.

The Gooch trial (and gathering at yew court) also greatly contributed to my perfect UO moment in time.

Thank You fellow players - you certainly make my UO experience very interesting and wonderfully entertaining!

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

14. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

So I understand that governor Kelmo has withdrawn from consideration. So we now have three candidates, one in each city:

Britain - Hugibear

Minoc - Nonel Topd

Vesper - Victim

If anyone else wishes to step forward or pass any comments, please do so.

TheDrAJ, Baby Doll and Troop like this.
  15. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Hugi for Brit seems like a sound fit to me too.

16. York_Siege

York_Siege Seasoned Veteran

Since i was unable to attend the meeting this past weekend I was waiting on a transcript before I commented on this issue. I get the impression I missed something.
    As for the governor seat in vesper, Victim seems to be a fine choice. It does not appear that Eli will be returning to the game anytime soon.
    As for the Governor seat in Brit, I would support Holden for this seat however he does not seem to want to be governor anymore. I think he does not give himself enough credit and is thinking too much into it. To be active and playing fairly with the server is more than any other governor from brit has done. Not to mention that events can be more than the normal party and mini game. it can be pvp tournaments that utilize the arena. I think if it was planned and posted there would be more interest in fighting there ; this would easily fulfill any governor requirement and be super easy to plan... This is just my opinion on it.

As for hugi/bo to take the seat in brit I think it would be best to review his past behavior to see that this is not a good ideal. He was governor of brit before this election and he didn't do anything. He actually spent a great deal of his time in Skara tearing down any event i was putting together.(hence why there wasn't any).. His actions towards my character has always been kin to harassment. His treatment of other players, most of all new players has been the worst on the shard. He has never supported the other governors, the king, or the EM. On that point when hugi/bo did not receive a drop from an EM event he spent days.... bashing the EM and the other governors. I could continue.. but i think my point is made that Hugi is a very poor choice, and inviting him/her back just sets a bad example that you can harass players and still get your way... Realize these are just a few facts of hugibo's actions. I can not support such an immature player just to fill a seat.

VinnySP, startle, IanJames and 2 others like this.
  17. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I think that Bastian Windsong fellow would make a splendid governor in any city.

18. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Agree.

VinnySP, Baby Doll and Troop like this.
  19. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

oh lets have the bo reply to these false/misleading accusations. You & yours dislike the Bo because bo kills, loots, and let people know bo does these things. If anything Bo is the most honest person on the shard.
    1. Bo did nothing to impede any event you held in skara, you have the wrong person. Bo knows what you are talkin bout and bo had nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact the guilty party even stated what and why they did it. Lets be real if it didnt involve killing someone Bo wasnt going to waste Bo's time.
    2. Thee so-called harassment of your character, so you consider killing and looting harassment? Funny nowhere in the TOS does it say this is a form of harassment, infact it states it is normal game play within proper areas.
    3. This is Bo's favorite - the treatment of other players/mostly new players is the worst on the shard. haahhaahah Bo does and has always helped anyone and everyone that needs it. Here is the deal Bo doesnt brag about helping others. How do you think Bo got so many votes in Brit? 90% of the guild Bo was in at the time voted in skara, and we didnt have that many people. Those new people that bo has helped. Sorry the Bo will not help GIL, they are so large they dont need the help of the Bo. Your selfishness has blinded you to those that actually need real help.
    4. The Bo caring about a drop are you kidding? Bo is the last person in this game to care about a friggin drop. Unless it is a weapon of mass destruction Bo could give a hoot. If the Bo wanted one the Bo would simply buy it.
    5. So did you monitor the stone every week in brit to know if we put up a trade deal?

You are so wrong on so many things bout the Bo. Bo thinks you see people do things and you assume its the Bo. Why? Because the Bo is an easy person to blame, Bo admits to killing and looting people. So that means the Bo is bad !@##(@)! BO
    And you say those are facts!!!! HAHAH Not one thing you stated is a fact.
    In fact your statements are false...

Kat and GarthGrey like this.
  20. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I love the way Bo talks in third person :heart:

21. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and run for Britain!

Thanks,Sir Vincent/Singularity

FrejaSP, Baby Doll, Troop and 3 others like this.
  22. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I don't know how much weight it carries here, but I am very pleased to see that Nonel Topd has stepped forward for stewardship of Minoc/Barter Town. I know him from other realms (Great Lakes and Origin). As head of the Minocian Partisan Resistance, Minoc (and thievery, in support of a good cause, mind you) have long been near and dear to his heart!

23. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Well I know you :) Can't say I know who Nonel is though.

24. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

There's a website with some very well-written stories where you can read more about the Partisans. I haven't talked to Nonel or Tink directly in a while, so I'm reluctant to just plop the URL out there, but if you're interested enough, you can find it. They're a great group of folks who love to roleplay. They were fun to hang out with, especially on Great Lakes because it had so much faction activity back before all the rule changes were made and artifacts were added. (Our GL faction guild was in the same alliance with them.) It makes me very happy to think of them being active on Siege, especially now with factions going away, and I hope they are able to get a lot of their group active again, e.g., Grace O'Malley, Lore Denin, Talos, and maybe even get some of their old "enemies" from GL to come back too. (I know of at least two who are, or were at least recently, active on Siege. Maybe more have showed up on Siege as well.)

25. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Thanks for the information, Tina.

And you application is so noted, Vinny. Feel free to add any additional information such as if you intend to run a trade deal or any plans to bring in extra citizens to the town.

26. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

to add to this, i will run whatever trade deal the other citizens want, and if they don't particularly care, i will cycle through a couple of the better ones to see what works for us. I was busy this week, and unable to get with the Governors, but i will attempt to contact a couple tomorrow, providing this storm doesn't wipe us off the face of the earth :sad3:

SpyderBite likes this.