1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Grandfathered House Questions

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Deaol, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Can anyone tell me what the timeline for having a granddathered house is/was. Like upto what point was it possible timeline wise? .. 2000 / 2001ish?

And is their anyway to find a lost grandfathered house on a account... ? I don't plan on searching all of Fel..

Thanks in advance..

2. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I believe the change was made with UO Renesance (Trammel) I remember sticking 5 houses on one of my accounts and then let the other account without a house so I could place in Trammel.

As for a way to find a grandfathered house on an account, where you dont know the location... good luck :)

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It was changed in 2001 so you could have more than one house on one shard, but not more than one house per character. Not sure when they stopped allowing multiple houses per accounts entirely.

If you know the type of house or the characters name that would help. Local shard idoc'ers will remember house names/owners sometimes. Also I'm assuming it's a classic style house, and there aren't many of those around (at least that aren't keeps or castles) versus custom houses.

4. Kelline

Kelline Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

i know a friend bought a house in a snowy area u can only get to with a rune, but forgot to mark himself one & recalled out.

A very nice gm helped him get back to it.... Its been awhile ago, so not sure if htey would still help, but u could try a gm. (althou more often than not, thye'll send u a canned response to the webiste so be specific)