1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Granite

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Zy'ana, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Zy'ana

Zy'ana Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just wondering whether granite has any use/ value nowadays?
    I have been mining and throwing away the plain but kept the colors, but now my boxes are filling up and i dont know if theres any point keeping it?

I guess it could be useful if someone was decoing a house in a color theme, but how hard would that be now.. trying to get a total set of say valorite colored tables and chairs..

Do i change my shovels to just ore?

2. set your shovel to ore, ONLY if you need granite, set it to both.

Granite is used by Carpenters, which have learned the abillity to craft stoneitems like stonethrone, stonetables, or states.

3. Zy'ana

Zy'ana Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I know carps make stone furnie - i mean, as its a lot harder to get the higher colored stone, is it worth mining the ore anyway? If you wanted a val stone table it might take forever and a day to mine the stuff, so is it a good back up plan to start collecting now =]

4. keep only a few, if you need the stones you better mine them on demand.

they arent wanted that often, and in such a amount, that it is worth to keep 10000000 of them.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There will be a much greater market for the stone next year, based on the info given at Saturday's town hall.

Plus, one of the next 2 or 3 publishes will make granite stackable, if I understood what was said, correctly.

6. ok then :) if basra is rigth... most time he is, then you should keep the granite.

if they become stackable, i store them too.

7. Zy'ana

Zy'ana Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That word stackable changes everything! Right 'ore' it is until the next 2 or 3 publishes!