1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Gravewater Lake

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by King Durango, Mar 10, 2011.

1. King Durango

King Durango Guest

Is there a spot to place a boat in Gravewater Lake, just south of Umbra? I haven't been able to find one and I did the tour of the waterfront. If there is no spot than would the Holy Mackerel fish be something you would fish up via shore-side casting only? I have some bait and wouldn't mind trying my hand at fishing this one up.

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Boats are not allowed in Malas so I assume that shore fishing would have to be the way.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, I've caught quite a few of these. We use the holy mackeral pies for initial spawn on treasure maps. Fish from shore.

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I got rare/special fishes from shore in Malas, Illshenar and Ter-Mur.

5. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just curious, how can a few more points in Mana Regen, for 5 minutes, help that much with the starting spawn of a Treasure map ?

I think the boost is 3 MR. Sure, everything helps, but I would imagine that also without this little boost it would still be possible to fight the spawn....

If so, that is if the magic pie boost is not a "determining" factor in being able to fight the treasure map initial spawn (i.e. without the pie the spawn can be dealt with just the same or, if not the same, at least likewise succesfully, even though with a little more effort....) why then go through the bother of catching the fish and making the pies ?

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

1. I have a fisherman and a cook, therefore catching the fish and making the pies is not a 'bother'
    2. Sure I could get there eventually, but I fight the spawn with summoned EVs and earth eles so I can often run out of mana only on the initial spawn. Terry has a similar problem.