1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Great News Regarding Windows 7!

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by jtw1984, Oct 28, 2009.

1. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I was using Vista 64 bit. When I played SA client for around 45 minutes it would start freezing up and crash on me.

I stress tested the new client in Windows 7 64 bit for 3 hours, and no problems at all!

Everything is running great!

The only problem? My old mouse no longer recognizes the customizable buttons! So I will have to wait until I get my new mouse in to start pvping again.

lol

I'm excited.

Edit: I just realized that Windows 7 recognizes each mouse button by itself. However, the new mouse I ordered is going to be sweeeeeet:

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga/

2. Fink

Fink Guest

That's encouraging news. I think I'll migrate in a year.

3. Sheesh... how do you remember what each button does for each of your characters?

I've ordered free upgrades to Win 7, will probably do that in about two weeks after a nice long vacation.

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Holy cow! 12 buttons? *drools*

My mouse used to not recognize any of the side thumb buttons and mouse wheel clicks on EC. I then uninstalled the logitech mouse drivers and use the MS default. Now all my buttons work. Weird.

Thanks for the link!

5. Fink

Fink Guest

No left-handed version.. big surprise. :thumbdown:

6. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Try to start the uosa.exe directly after that the mouse buttons should work again, posted that before also in the KR Forums with details of the access layers ;)

7. Here's why:
    "the English word sinister comes from the Latin word sinestra, which originally meant "left" but took on meanings of "evil" or "unlucky" by the Classical Latin era."

You are just plain EVIL, Fink!