1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Greater Dragon Magery/Resisting Spells

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Yen Sid, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I have a quick question about these things. I have had a GD out of the stable for a week or more now and his Magery hasn't moved :(. Med is 100, Eval is ~98, Resisting Spells is 111.8. Now my questions are, will Magery ever go up? I believe it was like 139 or something like that pre-tame. And can Resisting spells go higher than 111.8. This is the 2nd GD in a row that only goes to 111.8 Resisting Spells so is this the cap? or does he have to get hit by higher level spells? I did the boat trick in Haven to get it up that high so if it goes higher I will have to do a higher level spellcaster. Thanks.

2. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Magery is capped at taming. It will not go up further. If it was 139+ as you said pre-tame, you will still have a dragon with high 120's magery, which is excellent. To figure out the MAX level your dragon can achieve in Wrestle, Tactics, Resist and Magery, multiply the pre-tame level by .9, or you can calculate it by multiplying the immediate post-tame levels by 1.25.

3. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Ok thanks for the info. Here is what he had post-tame, I wrote it down right when I got him back to Luna stable to put into the calc.

Hits-922
    Stamina-61
    Mana-513
    Str-614
    Dex-61
    Int-513

Resists-

Wrestling-102
    Tactics-95.4
    Spell Resist-89.4
    Anat-0
    Magery-111.5
    Eval-53.1
    Med-5

Now taking these numbers you would get 139 Magery if you do the 1.25 thing, but is that possible? Don't tell me that the Magery is stuck there forever?!

4. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, my bad on the magery. Re-reading my response I was not at all clear. Magery doesn't train further. Yes, that is where it will remain. He will have around 127.5 wrestling, 119.3 tactics, and 111.8 resist to go along with his 111.5 magery and the rest will be GM. He is a very solid drag...sure I'd like more physical resist, but he'll be better than the majority of the drags I see "tamers" using lol.

5. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Well that's a bummer on the Magery, I guess it doesn't really matter all that much, its still a 4.2 so I will take it until I find my next one :)

6. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

My GD's magery went up a few points after taming. Stopped at 112.2, but was definitely lower after tame.

7. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

my dragon had 125 magery after taming, but he has died so many times its down to 116.. it doesnt seem to be going back up :(