1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Greater Dragon - Whats good stats?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by tramhater, Jul 8, 2008.

1. tramhater

tramhater Visitor

Jul 8, 2008
    Hi I have just returned to UO, and looking to tame a greater dragon. I was wondering whats considering good resistances and HP?

I have one with 80 phys 79 fire 56 energy off the top of my head. Is that junk? What should I aim for? I will happily spend a hour or two to tame a good one.
  2. id like to know as well...
  3. ki-rin

ki-rin Guest

max resistances on greater dragons:
    physical 85
    fire 90
    cold 55
    poison 60
    energy 75

pre-tame max hp is 2000
  4. what about max stats?
  5. ki-rin

ki-rin Guest

str 1400
    int 675

wrestling 145
    tactics 140
    resisting spells 140
    magery 140
  6. blust4

blust4 Guest

First, physical and fire resists are the most important. Only keep those with both physical and fire resists higher than 80. You may also want energy resist higher than 75.

Second, you want some dragon with high HP and strength. I will only tame those with 1850+ HP and 1250+ strength.

Third, look for those with stamina 10 points higher than dex. Those will grow to 135 stamina instead of 125. (Not the other way around. Those will grow to 115 stamina instead.) Dragons with higher stamina will hit more often when they are cursed.

Fourth, look for high pre-tamed skills dragons. Wrestling, 135+. Tactics, 130+. Resist, 130+.

You need to have one good dragon keeping killing bad stats/skills/resists dragons.
  7. anyone have a link to where i can find max stats for dreads as well?
  8. dark85

dark85 Guest

I red a pet with 100+ in a skill can't reach with training the cap of a pre tamed pet type. It's true? If it's true can someone explane me how can i calculate the max skill of a pet after full trained but before tamed?
  9. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    The tamers forum has alot of this info and then some.:)
  10. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    The answer to your question is really better addressed if you give the attack break down of the opponent.

For example, a lot of Greaters have very bad Resist vs Cold, couple that vs a BAD Resisit vs Energy. Now go up against a White Wyrm, that Greater Dragon will win but it will take a lot more damage than you might expect.

As a generalization, I would not tame anything for my self that had less than PhysR(80), FR(80) and to within 5 of cap of the others. PLUS wrestling MUST be (WILD) 135+, Tactics (135), Magery(135). Strength must be (WILD) (1300). Hit Points must exceed 1600. The lower the Hit points the Higher the RESISTS must be.