1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Greater Dragons in Ilsh not tamable?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by TheGrayGhost, Jul 26, 2009.

1. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

Are Greater Dragons in Ilsh not tamable? It wasn't a paragon but it gave me a message saying "that creature can not be tamed". So are they not tamable in Ilsh, or did I just happen to find one that was bugged? It was a near perfect one too :(.
  2. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I may be way off base here but I thought one of the Champion spawns had Greater Dragons. If so, then you may have encountered one of the spawned ones.

But to your question, I have never had that issue.
  3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
    This is exactly what happened. You found a greater that was spawn from the reptile champ.
  4. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

On the same note, can you not tame the Kirins outside ilsh/spirit gate? I'm a female tamer so I have only done the unicorns there but a guild mate tried to tame the kirins in that forest too and received that message. I assumed at the time that it was because he was using the SA client.

Thanks so much!
  5. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 16, 2008
    There is a champ spawn which spawns kirin and unicorns, which won't be tameable. Alongside the normal unicorns which you've tamed :)

The easiest option for your friend is to look at the Hunter's Guide page for the kirin and head to the Kirin Passage or Grimswind ruins. I'd recommend the ruins as you can recall in directly rather than run in from a moongate. And there are unis there too if you're working together :)

6. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

lol.. Thank you! I JUST read that that was the Oak Spawn. I have never done that one... so yeah. Call me clueless. Thank you for your reply though! :)
  7. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

Thanks guys, yeah I should have thought of that lol.