1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Greater Drags skills?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Guest, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, I know I saw this somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find it again. Silly me didn't screen shot my latest drag before taming. I thought there was a formula that would tell you roughly how high they would go in resist, wrestling, and (eval? perhaps) given their tamed skill scores. Can anyone clue me in what this is? Thanks.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I think... don't quote me on it though... the formula is post (tamed skill / .73) will give you the pre tamed skill then its (pretamed skill x .9) for max tamed skill.

3. Prudentis

Prudentis Guest

Incorrect.

The skills wrestling, tactics and resisting spells all lose 28% on first tame and train up to 90% of their pretame values.
    Magery just loses the .1 and can't be trained.
    So here is the math to determine max values from post tame values for the trainable skills:

os - old stats
    ns - new stats
    nms - new max stats

ns = os*0.72 (the 28% post-tame reduction)
    nms = os*0.9 (the new maximum)
    We are looking for the factor x, by which to multiply ns to get nms so:

X*ns = nms (substitute nms and ns with os)

x * os*0.72 = os*0.9
    x = os*0.9/os*0.72
    x = 0.9/0.72
    x = 1.25

So the factor by which you must multiply the new values is 1.25

4. Oww...You made my head hurt! [​IMG]

It's too early for me and math to meet today. [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Just divide the post-tame skill by .8 and that will be your cap.

6. A straightforward way to know how high your Greater Dragon will go - -

(1) screenshot the skills before you tame it.

(2) in Windows Calculator, multiply these values by 90%. So like, 136.4 wrestling pre-tame equals 122.76, if you did it right. You hit the percent button instead of the equals button to get the figure.

(3) bump the last decimal up by .1. I don't know why this is the case, but anyway.. the Dragon with 136.4 pre-tame wrestling skill should train up to 122.8 post-tame.

Magery, mercifully, automatically pops in at that 90% pre-tame value, and doesn't need to be trained

Anatomy, eval, and med are capped at 100.

Someone was saying that post-tame Magery can go higher than the 90% pre-tame value, but for the life of me I cannot make this happen. I went as far to try discord training and forcing the dragon to completely mana dump (high-end spells) repeatedly, and it wouldn't budge above cap (it took a paragon cu sidhe to withstand that kind of abuse without dropping dead, heh).

7. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Incorrect.

The skills wrestling, tactics and resisting spells all lose 28% on first tame and train up to 90% of their pretame values.
    Magery just loses the .1 and can't be trained.
    So here is the math to determine max values from post tame values for the trainable skills:

os - old stats
    ns - new stats
    nms - new max stats

ns = os*0.72 (the 28% post-tame reduction)
    nms = os*0.9 (the new maximum)
    We are looking for the factor x, by which to multiply ns to get nms so:

X*ns = nms (substitute nms and ns with os)

x * os*0.72 = os*0.9
    x = os*0.9/os*0.72
    x = 0.9/0.72
    x = 1.25

So the factor by which you must multiply the new values is 1.25

[/ QUOTE ]

this is right.

(initial skill post tame) * 1.25

except for magery which is finished already.

Pretty simple, isn't it?

8. Prudentis

Prudentis Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Pretty simple, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yup, math rules [​IMG]