1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

greater mongbat paragon chest

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by semmerset, Jan 13, 2012.

1. semmerset

semmerset Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I killed paragon greater mongbat.
    He have Level1 map,but no chest.
    Now he don't have chest?!

2. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Chests aren't guaranteed on every paragon. Go kill some more.

3. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It is possible for a Tmap dropping paragon to have just a map. The RNG decides if that map chance is bumped to a chest. Also should notice that the map in the chest has a random land location it is in, minus fel. The chest map will be a level higher. Just to bad there isn't a low level pargon chest dropper along the lines of Miasma. Having a supply of low level chest to train picking and maps for decoding. Top it off, put in the lizardman village in Ilsh a Lizardman Bolter. Why not build up those Bolts and spine leather supplies at the same time.

4. semmerset

semmerset Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

In the past,paragon greater mongbat had paragon chest.
    This chest had lv1 map.
    Only greater mongbat is special.
    They dont have map,but they droped paragon chest.
    But a few days,I saw a map ,not chest in paragon greater mongbat corpse.
    Now they dont drop chest?

5. Lord Crowen

Lord Crowen Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

They do drop... just not every time:

mongbat.jpg

6. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Warpig, paragon chest can contain Felucca maps. I'm not sure where you got the info from that they don't. I have collected many paragon chests from the dark wisps in Ilshenar and have received plenty of Felucca lvl 5 maps from them, but there's always the 4 out of 5 chance that it will be for Trammel, Malas, Ilshenar or Ter Mur...

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

With the changes to T-maps, Miasma chests can have ANY of the facets' maps. I know I've taken less than 10 Miasma chests to get all 6 facets represented before.

Now, getting a map IN THE CORPSE (not in a chest) on a Greater Mongbat, is odd. They are programmed to generate a chance for a level 1 paragon chest, with a "dummy" chance for a non-spawning level 0 being the basis for it. There shouldn't be stand-alone maps on Greater Mongbats AT ALL.

IF there have been, then it's possible that something in the T-map changes is causing what should be the phantom "level 0" map to increase to level 1 (As if the 0 was an error), and actually spawn. This might be a side-effect of changes meant to compensate for the existence of a few "Youthful" T-maps left over from before ML, as if those were done by a "Young" character, the resulting chest would contain a replacement Youthful map every time.