1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Green Thorns

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by AvenWil, Jan 22, 2008.

1. AvenWil

AvenWil Guest

I've tried looking in various places but I can't find exactly where to plant green thorns to get reagents. Stratics, on the gardening page, says in a dirt patch or grass but everywhere I try including a bowl with dirt doesn't work. Actually, not so much looking for the reagents as the fertile dirt.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In 2D, I use dirt roads...are you using the KR client by any chance? I remember having some problems using KR in some dirt areas when trying to fill plant bowls...I wonder if this could cause problems with the thorns also. Have you tried planting one in the middle of any dirt road?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

If your looking for fertile dirt you wont get it by planting a green thorn(ignore this looks like i was mistaken by what poster below have said sorry). I remember that the fertile dirt was on the Earth El corpses, havent checked in awhile though

4. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've gotten fertile dirt from green thorns...it doesn't always spawn though - what you get is random.

I don't believe this has been turned off...I'll have to try a few to confirm though.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

If your looking for fertile dirt you wont get it by planting a green thorn. I remember that the fertile dirt was on the Earth El corpses, havent checked in awhile though

[/ QUOTE ]

I planted a thorn yesterday and got two piles of fertile dirt for a total of 48 pieces. So yes, fertile does spawn with the mage reagents when planted in dirt.

6. AvenWil

AvenWil Guest

Thanks...using the dirt roads did the trick.