1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Greetings from Silent Singer

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by sywyn, Sep 16, 2014.

1. sywyn

sywyn Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Hello,

I played UO from 2000-2002, then came back a few years ago to Atlantic and have been playing there with UWF (pvm guild). A few weeks ago ATL was down, so I began fooling around on Siege with a new char. Been on Siege constantly since then.

I wanted the bard / rogue template for stealth picking bc I have an arm disability that forces me to use a pen tablet / foot pedal / arm brace combo to c control my computer, so pvp is really out of the question. I started mining / tinkering, then built locks up until I could pick vesper chests, got 5k and bought a second hand lrc suit from Wheezie? (She(?) offered to give to me but I wanted to at least get as far as possible by earning everything) . This allowed me to raise mage/med/eval bc I ditched provo (How tedious!!!)

Finally got stealth high enough to get dungeon chests, so I built up about 20k thinking this was enough for a classic small house. WRONG! They are like 70k!!!! So that sucked. My bank is already full.

Anyway, I have one goal on Siege, to get a castle or small keep. Any ideas you guys have to help with this will be appreciated. My understanding is spots are there (I don't care location) off I can raise money to place. I'm beginning to think I may need to change to a tamer to get there, I dunno.

Anyway, glad to be here, I'll try to say hi in game but talking is very challenging in chat bc of my setup. Cheers all!

2. sywyn

sywyn Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, to be clear, castle or keep is my long term goal. I'm planning on grabbing first place I can afford in the interim so I can dump my stuff.

kelmo likes this.
  3. Ellie

Ellie Seasoned Veteran
    Gilfane

There are plenty of spots for houses and some for possibly 18x18. I think there may be a couple of keeps for sale. Ask around in gen chat.

4. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I will gladly give you the gold to place a house. We all needed help when we came and I was given help too....just paying it forward. I have the Luna Vendor house, first house out of the West gate from the bank. It's called Leaf's Magic Mushroom Mall....Look for me there and I will set you up. No need to be homeless!

startle likes this.
  5. sywyn

sywyn Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the offer Leaf! I would be interested in that, I'd like to place one of the smallest traditional homes (70k ish). I can get there slowly, but it would be really helpful to have a place to store and sort dungeon chest loot. I have a few hundred bolts and arrows, some gems, and random armor saved that I'd happily hand over. I'll try to look you up when I'm in game. It's your character named Leaf?

6. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Welcome to Siege!

I would suggest getting a 18x18 plot (plenty in Malas). That way you can make your own mini-keep until you get the real deal. Castles are very hard to come by atm.

If your situation forces you to play a more defensive type of character I would suggest a stealth/ninja/myst/mage. Good offensive power with the RC and other spells and also very effective in danger using smoke bombs and animal form and whatnot. Invest in a few soulstones and you can switch to your chest picking skills when needed.

Good luck.

VinnySP, startle and Troop like this.
  7. sywyn

sywyn Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Good to know about Malas, thanks. So RCs are not weaker on Siege? My understanding was that Magery summons are less powerful here. Yeah, at some point if I could stone off 90 pick, 50 detect hidden, and 75 remove trap I would have plenty for myst / focus. In a few months I have vet rewards again and could possibly get a soul stone, but I need to resolve the house situation first.

8. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

welcome to siege!!! if you need any help don't be afraid to ask.....there are plenty of people more than willing to help!!

9. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yes...I am Leaf in game and in Global Chat. I'm at work now but will look for you this evening. I should be on around 6pm est. No need to give your resources. It's a gift. Nice to see new people over here!

Rieley likes this.
  10. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Not bad skills to have especially with the upcoming VvV patch. Detect Hidden & Stealing are going to be skills in demand during virtue city battles. As for the house. I'm with Leaf, if you need help, I'd be happy to give you a hand as well with the cost of placing your first home.

11. sywyn

sywyn Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks all! Spyder, I only have DH at 50, and no stealing, just picks. I think the VvV traps require 80 though, which is out of my range. I DO hope the patch really ups the dungeon chests pulls though!

12. sywyn

sywyn Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Leaf, I should be online then, I'll ask in the GC for you. Assuming my patch loads of course, last night I ended up canceling bc it took so long.

13. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Welcome to Siege I'm waiting for the new loot changes so been inactive. Been catching up on shows b4 they start the new season.

14. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Welcome to Siege. A lot of people will help you out here, just ask.

15. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Get a Soulstone. ;)

Troop likes this.
  16. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Welcome to Siege! I don't think it's been mentioned yet but it's helpful to join the guild NEW2, a guild dedicated to helping new Siege players. Most reds will give you a free pass if you're wearing the NEW2 guild tag. Many, many of us got our start there. After a month they set you free.

You're lucky you found Weezie right off the bat. She is a pretty special person. And no, she isn't an alt of mine. :)

SpyderBite, startle and Troop like this.
  17. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Welcome to Siege, sywyn ( is that pronounced like the bicycle ? )
    And what's your char's name in game? Silent Singer?
    I too, will be happy to help you get a start.
    ;)

Troop likes this.
  18. ApollyonSP

ApollyonSP Seasoned Veteran

Welcome, this shard is most reflective of the original UO gamestyle.

Enjoy your stay

SpyderBite likes this.
  19. sywyn

sywyn Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Everyone, thanks so much for the welcome and help! BIG THANKS to Leaf and Dalamar, who gave significant help to me which resulted in my first ever placement of a tower!!!! It is in the far north, close to Ice. I've blown my arms out at work, so I won't be on much until my wife and I return from Japan, but hopefully I can repay everyone's assistance and kindness. Thanks again!!!!

Amber Witch likes this.
  20. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

Best of Luck!

21. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Ahoy! and Welcome! Ask if ya anything