1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Grizzled Mare info help

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nematode, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Lucky me, I just got a Grizzled Mare off M.I.G. a few days back. I dont think Ive ever seen 1 at play so far, perhaps due to the "dispel bug" Ive read about that bothers the earlier generation of mares.

Still, for those who have and ridden one before, Ive a few queries Id like to seek counsel. I understand once u double-click on the statuette, a mare will instantly spring forth and be bonded to whom ever used it. From that moment on, does it function like a bonded horse per se?

I mean, its not like an ethy where its invulnerable and reverts back into statue once dismounted. This mare can actually die and become an animal-soul following u around till a tamer comes along and rezz it. Is that correct?

Also, is it credible to use the mare like a nightmare/dreadhorse kinda fighting machine or is it a "wimp"?

If so, other than eye-candy, would anyone choose to ride a Grizzled Mare instead of a simple horsey ethy? Not considering account age.

Insights, pse?
  2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Oct 1, 2006
    They are more eye candy than anything else...and they can die and wind up following you around like any other bonded pet. I'm not sure how they rate on the wimpy scale myself but if ya want to use it then you can train it up like any other pet...You'd be amazed at what some of the wimpy pets can do...I have a friend that used a packhorse they trained during the Dark Wisp invasion......killed Dark Wisps with it and used it to tote the loot :p
  3. wrekognize

wrekognize Guest

My understanding is that the grizzled mount has the armor bonus like a swampy. So it is good for fighters.

4. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Hmm is this verified by other users? Is this the default bonus or can u put barding on it? This thread has received about 185 views, but only 2 response... is this Grizzled Mare that rare?
  5. From what I recall it does NOT give the armor bonus of a Paroxysmus' Swampy. It's no different than riding a regular horse other than the fact that it's skills are all GM.
  6. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

You know you want to give it to me instead!!!!! it will go good with my other one muwhahahahahaha
  7. Enkrypted

Enkrypted Guest

Can you put it away just like an ethy? or once you pull it out, it can't be put back?
  8. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    No. Once you click on it it is a bonded pet.
  9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    Once you pull it out it becomes bonded to you like any other pet... though you can not trade it or sell it.... It is yours or it is gone... They never go back to statue form.... they will be like any other pet horse.
  10. MrMarcus

MrMarcus Guest

Can they be stabled?
  11. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

they either have to be stabled or ridden while you log out.

Be careful. Once you free it from the crystal, Its your until you kill release it, at which point it disappears.
  12. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    Grizzled Gorrilas would have been the ultimate mount.
  13. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Someone put this in the ask the devs forum.

Seems there's lots of rumors and unanswered questions about the Grizzled Mare.

I was very intrigued by the suggestion about the PvM damage reduction...Something I had not heard before.

Also does anyone know if it's capable of killing stuff? Does it, for example, have matery or the HP of a mare? Or at least of the Hellsteeds that are made when you animate a nightmare corpse?

Quite intriguing.

-Galen's player
  14. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 24, 2007
    I actually think they should make them all erethal mounts (blessed)....would make this easy and they would still be rare
  15. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

May 12, 2008

Can they lose loyalty and go wild?
  16. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 11, 2004
    I'm pretty sure a Grizzled Mare is a Hellsteed, or the a permanent version of a Nightmare animate, so the stats aren't that of a Nightmare.

The thing that concerns me is whether or not they will get dispelled by monsters or players. It seems as if a lot of the pets you can get have had dispel problems. I'm also not sure if the Grizzled Mare obeys commands, although, I assume they do ... I have one in statuette form but never took it out to test it because I was concerned about the whole dispel issue.
  17. Yes, they must be fed like any other mount.