1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

grobu fur

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Demonous, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

gave in 66 as a stack and got a 100 point ticket, i dunno why it would even accept it if its only going to give me 100 points thats just dumb, for ophidian rations this isn't a problem

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

"Publish 53 Notes and Known Issues

Jeremy Dalberg 10 Jun 2008 12:01:49

Just a few notes, corrections, and known issues on Publish 53:

- Grobu Furs MUST be separated to get the correct items when turning them in - turning in a stack will only count as one turn-in. We're working on a fix for this, but for the moment, just break up the stack and turn them in one at a time.

- The Vanguard Chaos Shield and Obsidian Blade need to be turned in to Onoe the Soldier, not Yonns the Collector.

- On Siege Perilous, Yonns the Collector is hanging out with the other turn-in NPCs in Luna"

Sorry for your loss...:(

3. http://www.uoherald.com/news/
    Publish 53 Notes and Known Issues
    Jeremy Dalberg
    10 Jun 2008 12:01:49
    Just a few notes, corrections, and known issues on Publish 53:

- Grobu Furs MUST be separated to get the correct items when turning them in - turning in a stack will only count as one turn-in. We're working on a fix for this, but for the moment, just break up the stack and turn them in one at a time.

- The Vanguard Chaos Shield and Obsidian Blade need to be turned in to Onoe the Soldier, not Yonns the Collector.

- On Siege Perilous, Yonns the Collector is hanging out with the other turn-in NPCs in Luna

4. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

too late, too late. I was also having doubt, so I first turned in a 10, then I cursed and was reminded of again the sad state of UO. You thought the devs would've coded it properly somehow like the rations, but NO!!!

speechless. everything is so broken and hopeless, I wonder why they bother doing the town meeting.

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Yeah, they should just wave their magical "fix all bugs" wand, and make everything right!

6. sorry ... but ..."having doubt" .... should have turned in just 2
    (minimize loss, maximize return)

7. Joyous2K

Joyous2K Guest

Instead of magically waving the wand... just test the code that they plan on implementing.

So, for example, if I was adding code to handle the turn ins of an item. I would test to see how that item responds to being turned in. No wands there. I would just test that one item and see if the desired outcome was achieved. If I added 50 items to be turned, I would test them all. If some of those items could stack, I would test to see what happens if I tried to submit a stack.

Here is what I wouldn't do... I wouldn't willy nilly write spaghetti code and put it on something called TEST and wait for Stratics.

But, yeah, par for the course. They might have done it intentionally to screw over the Johnny COme Latelys. Although it would take some time to acquire furs to be of any significant worth.

Sprry for your loss. 66 is not that many though. It is 660 points.

8. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Gasp! You mean use real Test Cases like any normal software development company? Surely you jest.

And your math is poor.

66 Grobu Fur is 6,600 points not 660.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!