1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guard Whacked Pets

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady D, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Lady D

Lady D Guest

There is a known issue with aggressive pets tamed since Publish 54 getting guard killed. We are currently looking into this. By "aggressive pets" we mean nightmares, dragons and other such pets. (From FOF)

Does anyone know if this means bonded pets ?

2. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

I have only had this happen once and the pet wasn't bonded.

Last night I tamed a dwh, mounted it, took it to town. In town, I dismounted it to lore it again, so I could compare it to my other dwh's. A guard teleported in and whacked my dwh. Was a nice one.... was...

I think this is only happening with pets that have just been tamed. I'm not sure what precautions you can take to avoid it from happening, but I suspect spending an hour outside town with your pet would prevent this from happening.

I think the problem is caused by the pet being "flagged" for attacking an innocent (you) prior to taming. Then when you unmount from it in town, the npc's see it as having just committed a crime.

As far as I know, you don't have anything to worry about with your bonded pets.

3. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This link is to my incident

Request for Information on Guard Wacked Hiryu and Player

The short version,

I tamed a Bronze Hiryu the previous night.

I stabled the Hiryu.

The next day I stood with the Hiryu in the area adjacent to the Luna Stables looking for a home for the Hiryu.

Now at this time I am positive the Hiryu was Wonderfully Happy.

The Hiryu was not Bonded (Obviously)

The Hiryu had been Green then was Blue.

Two Guards teleported in. Presumably one Wacked my Hiryu, one Wacked the Player.

4. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The pets stay flagged, if they under influence of a bless spell casted before the taming succeeded.

Your best try in this case is to mount the pet without any command and run out of guard zone.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

5. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

Just use the stable in Ish. that is not in a guard zone.