1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guard whacked

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Decadence, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

So yesterday, laden down with goodies I went to buy a packhorse. Because the targeting is always off when I buy items off off of NPC's (Classic client), I often "misbuy" items. For instance I buy arrows instead of bags. Anyway, I accidentally bought a regular horsie instead of the packy I needed. So I release the horse and buy the packy and walk away. BAMM out of nowhere I get guard whacked. My corpse was gray too. Luckily I guess in trammel you can't get looted even when gray thank goodness. But watch out in felucca!

2. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm curious... why is your cursor off when you buy from NPCs in the Classic Client? I've never experienced this issue.

Out of curiosity, is your playfield centered (meaning, not in the default upper-left corner)?

3. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know if both of our lpayfields not centered, but mine has been like that since day one. It is really a pain when you are buying some jewls for imbuing. I don't know how many times I bought the wrong jewl.

4. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not trying to hijack the thread, but maybe there's a little problem with guardzones.

I was on my red, attacked by a blue tamer around yew gate.
    So naturally I fought back... His both nightmares were grey and he was grey then suddenly BAM!!!! I get guardwhacked!

I'm all for removing guardzones in fel, but thats not the point. ^^

#4 Maleachi, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    cazador likes this.
  5. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Te targeting isn't off necessarily in CC I've had it happen to me it happens if the item you are clicking is the furthest most to the bottom of the gump and if u don't click towards the bottom it will select the one right above it it can be annoying I've bought the wrong item too but if u just click the little red arrow thing down once more there isn't an issue

6. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Depends on what your karma is and if you said "all guard me" before you released the pet.
    There is a moment where the pet is wild yet still connected to your character. If during this moment it aggro's someone else an NPC can call guards and get your whacked.
    Been a bug for a long time.

7. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There shouldn't be guards in UO at all I think we are past that fel definitely shouldn't have guards and the only thing that should get guard whacked in tram is MOBS not people there's no reason you cannot commit crimes in tram why should u be guard whacked for anything

Well I guess leave guards in tram but fix to only whack monsters not people..and don't break it :)

8. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have had the cursor on the menu pick the wrong item before even when you make the clear choice in the section.. it seems that you must have the item you want ether in the center of the menu or top the area for selecting seems to be closer to the botton of the item field. It's been this way for quite some time, I forget what patch it was.