1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guardian's of Myth

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Reva, May 22, 2014.

1. Reva

Reva Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

My name is Reva and I've been away for the longest time from UO. I'm a member of "Guardian's of Myth" and am worried about Queen Zen and her other avatars, seeing she's not been in game again since 2012, which was not like her.

Thanks for your answers.

2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Hello,

I believe she is fine, just hasn't been playing UO for a while. She often posts here and will probably see this thread.

3. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

I have been talking to her in a conversation, She was having problems with EA. Ill message her and let her know that you sent a message wondering about her.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Hello Reva. I am sure QZ is fine. How are you? Welcome back.

5. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

welcome back!!!

6. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

****waves to Reva*** How are ya doing ? I am alive and well, just got back from California, visiting daughter and son-in-law and Shamu down at Sea world, for Mother's Day in sunny fire laden southern California. :)
    Unfortunately, I have not been active in UO since um a certain new at the time account management system shut down my Queen Zen acct. when it had 2 more paid months of play time left on it. I did get lots of help from customers and even a EA person, but it didn't turn out well. I was lucky at that time to have 4 active accts. and used all the other 3 still paid and working to basically empty out all my other UO homes since I was co owned to all of mes, and shut all my accts. DOWN. :( Still upset cuz I loved playing UO and on Siege but, if ya can't get ur accts. to WORK ya sorta hang it up and hope for some magical cure to the new acct. management system and better customer service like UO once had. Meh !

As for Guardians of MYTH, it sorta probably died with my accts. but I did co guild lead/co own to Umbra memorial a few other Siege players whom were left just in case anyone wanted to maintain the guild Aeric began, or carry on the torch of MYTH and the Memorial which I took over, and or for some other Siegers I tried to work out with before my last log out, to maintain his memorial house. . etc.

{PS. Cliff's rl son would log in on to Siege just to sorta refresh his father's Ginsu chr. and before I left UO, I saw on the guild roster, that his son did log in for his 1-2x a year log onto Siege. I thought of it late last night, figured if ever his rl son actually opted to play on Siege, I co gm'd the Ginsu chr. to take over MYTH if his son ever wanted to play on Siege. His rl son played UO on Great Lakes shard or some where. :) Anyhow that was my last UO act that if his son wished to carry on the legacy of Guardians of MYTH, my Miranda chr. enabled him to do so, on Cliff's last remaining 2x a yr. log in, as his dad's Ginsu chr.}

If ya are back playing and feeling lonesome cuz maybe no one is hardly left in MYTH guild, we were once allied to TNT and with GIL too later on, surely someone will take ya in even Pirates with RIZ and them former KSS.

#7 QueenZen, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Rizarium and Kattasrophe like this.
  8. Reva

Reva Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

*** waves back ***

Thanks friends, for your help, and for the warm welcome back! Very glad to hear that you are fine QZ, I was really worried! This is quite a relief. When I logged on and looked at the Myth roster yesterday, I noticed that something like 4 or 5 people had logged on this year - February if memory serves. I'll try to log on more or less regularly and will start learning all the new stuff.

I am fine Kelmo, thanks for asking. Less time available than in the old days, but just as much motivation. My accounts are ok and my Siege house is still in its old spot. Reva still has her own ICQ number which has remained the same.

Thanks also for the advice on friendly guilds QZ. We'll see how it goes. I'm not looking forward to leaving Myth having far too many fond memories of Aeric and the guild.

9. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Hi Reva! I remember you and recall Aeric speaking very fondly of you. MYTH/AO and TnT/TnA were allied for some time after Aeric's passing. We loved that alliance, but once our faction and non-faction guilds could no longer remain allied, we had to part ways though we always thought of each other as family. If you are looking for a new Siege family, we would love to have you in TnT. In fact, TnT was an offshoot of Aeric's old H*G [Hadrian's Guard] guild back in 2005. Some of us still reside in Stonehaven, which was one of the player run towns that Cliff created before he left Siege to play SWG. Voza still has a house out there as well, but I haven't seen her in ages. Anyway, if TnT is of interest to you, ask for me or another TnT emissary in global chat. You can also ICQ me @ 220571153, but it isn't always on.

In any case, welcome back!

Rizarium and Kattasrophe like this.
  10. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Aye, I fathom Reva, tis why with just 2-4 MYTH members left to even log in, [other than my own 4 chrs. whom remain in MYTH], I just wanted to keep Aeric's guild alive or memory of it, going for as long as I could, thus I never joined any other guilds either, after his passing away, but yeh it gets lonely being in a guild of 1 or 2 that maybe log on in a year of time.
    IF you may be the only ACTIVE one left, try to make yourself GM/guildleader of Guardians of MYTH, if ya can, so maybe you can regrow/rebuild the guild somehow ?? !! :( Aye the few left just about log in once or twice a year, obviously still paying, for their acct. but no longer playing, so they probably just refresh chrs. or house...if that. :(

But as ye can see, while I may not be in UO any longer, I am still buggin folks and posting here on Siege Stratics forum.............:) Been on this forum since 1998 sooooooo may not be in the game any longer but, still read Stratics esp. Siege Forum. :)

Kattasrophe and kelmo like this.
  11. Reva

Reva Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Kat,

Thanks for your kind offer and I may well take it. It feels so much more in line with my memories than just going to a guild that has no history or relation to Myth. I'm still getting settled in though and I want to explore the possibility of bringing back life to Myth first as suggested by QueenZen.

12. Reva

Reva Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

QueenZen,

I have just checked the guild roster again and can report the following:
    - two people logged on the day before yesterday
    - one person last logged on on 06/05
    - another one logged on 22/03
    - an emissary last logged on on 31/12/2013.
    - the next person on the list is your character Queen Zen of SP.

So no, there are more active players. Which is fine actually.

The emissary is the logical first choice for the leadership of Myth. For that we need to first be able to contact him/her and see if (s)he still wants to play.

PS friends: I am still using the same ICQ for Reva: 412893045

13. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Maybe it was Aeric's rl son, on one of his father's chrs. whom I made emissary ? Don't remember exactly except, I know I upgraded his chr. to be able to take over, if he ever played on Siege.

Now my other question how did [you] get thru the new clustermuck of the newer acct. management system to GET back into UO ?
    Nothing I ever tried ever worked. Old emails from 1998 that no longer even exist, taken over by ATT which then merged with yahoo making more clustermucks of my old UO accts. etc.etc. not like I do not have every email nor every user name password on file cuz I do, but, nothing ever seemed to have worked so far for me to ever get back into playing Ultima Online, meh. I don't have any longer nor ever kept ICQ it got annoying and most of anything I do online is ahem on my windows 7 laptop and Facebook and newer stuffs anyhow...cuz all my kids, neighbors etc. are on Facebook bleh. lol :) But at least I get those to WORK !

14. Reva

Reva Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

The name is Ulani and since he's the only Emissary outside of Queen Zen SP it must be Aeric's son. Reason the more to try and contact him and see if he's interested to make Myth arise from its ashes. I think we owe him that. What do you think?

As to how it happened that my accounts are safe, I'm not sure. It's been a bit now but I do remember being scared off by the bad experiences of folks for the longest times. First of all I have 5 accounts: 3 playing and 2 house holders. Of the 3 playing accounts two were purchased from other players, but each time the purchase was handled through the official EA service available for it. As a result the accounts became formally mine, all marks - should they have existed - erased, and a restriction put in place - because of the erasure - to ever sell the account back to the former owner.

I migrated in 2012 and it went well. All 5 accounts were available after the process. A process that I found really confusing and for which I had prepared myself by plowing through all the posts I could find on the subject on Stratics forums. To be honest though whenever a game moves to another gaming company this kind of confusion is a given. The most often encountered problems are with the meanings of terms like account, service account, playing account. Still the fact that your issue never was resolved saddens me very much. I gather you no longer have access to Miranda of SP?

For me all is working as intended now and I can see all the accounts from my Mythic account log in. My guess is that waiting as long as I did seriously reduced the risk, but then I was not under the same pressure as people that were playing at the time.

15. Reva

Reva Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Queen Zen,

I still have your ICQ from back then and can give it to you if you want. I use Miranda portable - notice the name and smile :p) - as ICQ client. It works well, has a portable version available that does not mess with your registry. Just say the word and I will post your old ICQ.

16. Reva

Reva Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Kelmo,

I want to thank you for keeping the memorial outside Umbra alive!

17. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*smiles* I am changing some things up. I do promise the intent and respect will be there. I am hoping to rekindle some history and imagination.

18. Reva

Reva Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Kelmo,

Please tell me if I can help!

19. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Welcome back!