1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guards killing Golems in town???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nystle, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Nystle

Nystle Guest

Is there a reason why guards are guardwhacking golems in town when training now???

2. matthew123

matthew123 Guest

maybe they want you actually train your skills up,just a thought

3. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

[​IMG] Exactly. I always considered golem training to be somewhat of an exploit, you might very well be sitting at your computer while you're doing it but in my eyes it's just as bad as cheating....go out and fight monsters like you're suppose to. I actually tried golem training once and got so bored after the first 20 minutes lol I just let my golem go and went to kill stuff.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Eh, going out and fighting all sorts of monsters is awesome if you are new. I did it then. Well, sort of. The Bone Wall was in place when I first started playing [​IMG]

But when I came back a few years later, I hunted earth ellies, and then 120'd in Doom. I had a blast doing it all the first time! But when it came to the 2nd... 3rd... and 4th time, it was getting more of a chore than a fun game.

And when a game becomes a chore, I look for an easier route.

5. Nystle

Nystle Guest

I don't see anything wrong with sparring with a golem to gain skill. There really is no difference between sparring a golem, or fighting monsters endlessly. Same results, takes the same amount of time to gain the skill. It's all semantics...

6. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Problem is you can afk while hitting a golem, and since you really can't tell if a person is afk or not, best to just git rid of the golems..in my opinion anyway.

7. Where at? just ran a quick check of some of the more popular luna spots ...
    Atlantic had three clanging away ...

*Shrugs*

8. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

If they get rid of golem training they bring back gains from sparring with other players. End of story. Let us train with friends again.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

If they get rid of golem training they bring back gains from sparring with other players. End of story. Let us train with friends again.

[/ QUOTE ]
    QFT

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I don't see anything wrong with sparring with a golem to gain skill. There really is no difference between sparring a golem, or fighting monsters endlessly. Same results, takes the same amount of time to gain the skill. It's all semantics...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not though. It seems like the same thing but your golem does not hit you back so there is no risk involved while training like there is supposed to be.

I always train my skill manually vs using a golem. I used a golem one time and it sucked. I ended up training on ettins in ilsh till my skill was up then moved to earth elementals in ilsh and once around GM I moved on to stone harpies in covetous fel to 120. This is how I train every time. You can also use skeletons all the way to about 60 before doing ettins but it's fastest to hit new haven and reach 50 then move right to ettins.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not though. It seems like the same thing but your golem does not hit you back so there is no risk involved while training like there is supposed to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, Doomsday. [​IMG]

However...I think we would see less of "skill training only" activities if there were some added skill gain systems, such as quests. I still enjoy building characters, but I understand that some do not and just want to go straight to the heavy stuff.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

The way people train on Golems isn't new. Mages would summon an Earth Ele, tell it to guard them, then attack it for Wrest gains before Golems came out and the BK Room was empty of people.

13. eolsunder1

eolsunder1 Guest

Sorry but me training weapons on earthies, and other monsters isn't any risk either. Golem, other monster. Just throw on my 5 repair high resist armor and train away. Not a big thing.

Personally at higher levels training isn't going fast enough, I love golems for mid-levels, then like to head to doom/peerless to hit forever gaining at high levels, plus a chance for items.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry but me training weapons on earthies, and other monsters isn't any risk either.

[/ QUOTE ]
    It isn't about risk. If the original developers wanted players to train this way then practice dummies would allow you to go above 25 skill on them.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

*considers suggesting ROT be implemented in Tram/guardzones*

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Long overdue
    Now lets guard whack the spammers!

17. Guest

Guest Guest

If there were to be increased skillgain (as in gaining 0.2 or 0.3 as opposed to 0.1) in dungeons, perhaps people would be more apt to train there.