1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guide: How to "do" the new event (pics included)

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Jun 22, 2010.

1. UODevTracker

UODevTracker Guest

2. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Re: How to "do" the new event (pics included)

Well done, you summarized it nicely!

One thing I will offer since it is kind of oblique, peril bonus is designed to give you a bonus when other players are doing the competing spawn. The bonus is sygnificant... first tier base loyalty is 1 but the peril bonus is up to +2.

Peril bonus is created when a player kills a mob on the other team. For the sake of this explaination I will call them Team 1 and Team 2. When a player kills a level one mob on team 1, they get 1 base loyalty and the other team gets a point of peril. when a player kills a level one mob on Team 2 they will get that point of peril in the form of a bonus. Each time the spawn "levels" to the next tier, peril pools are sygnificantly reduced on both sides.

Peril bonus has an in character (IC) and and out of character (OOC) purpose. The IC purpose of this bonus is to emulate the fact that when one side is losing they appreciate your help more. The OOC reason is to create an environment where people can compete/race without feeling like they are griefing people going the other way. Hopefully everyone can see it as good clean fun.

One other thing I will clear up here is that crystalline blackrock only drops off of Tier 2 and Tier 3 mobs which only appear at the front line of the battle (those that spawn near the flag).

You must have at least 1000 loyalty to get a reward for clearing away the enemy. They don't give away their best stuff to some johnny come lately!

Spawns reset to the middle 20 minutes after they are completed. Of course, you can always go do the Felucca spawn in the mean time.

Finally, another OOC feature is that if you ever want to know how close the spawn is to changing tiers, double click the flag and you will see both how close you are to levelling the spawn and how close the competing spawn is to levelling.

3. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Re: How to "do" the new event (pics included)

If the battle is one sided, it is very likely that the pool of peril points will run dry for the side that is ahead.

Yes, it also means that if Bane Chosen are crushing the Ophidians there is a huge pool of points to draw from if you help the Ophidians.

4. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I actually think the stray spawn is gone on all shards now. We discovered that some extra ones were there yesterday (appart from the ones I knew about) and Mesanna got rid of them.

In UO, we have ways to create spawns inside the game for EM events. They are just kind of there and only on one one shard so that turns out to be part of what you all were seeing... and we got them out.

5. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Well, my biggest fear was that they were going to be overpowered. You should have seen some of the looks on the producer's faces when I suggested making a potion that destroyed a percentage of the potions in a player's backpack.... So, I tried to make it so they wouldn't be laying around in piles after the event. If it turns out that they are both useful and not unbalanced, I will find a way to get you more of them.

Same could be said of the fear potion, adding a commodity to the game that is effectively [EDIT FOR SPOILER] was fairly risky too.