1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guild creation dates?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jahira-Tor, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is there a way to find out how old a guild is? Ive had a basic look on uo.com etc, but i havnt had any lucky. I'll be a little dissapointed if there's no way to find out.

2. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

We tried a couple years ago to determine the date our guild was started and couldn't find anything that indicates the game keeps track of such dates. UO.com doesn't either. We had to resort to searching the old Stratics/Siege forum to look for the thread and date that our previous GM announced he was leaving the game, as our new guild was created that same day.

3. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Nuts, that sux.

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Jahira-Tor, if your guild was ever one of the largest ones on its shard or went to war with another guild, you might try the Internet Archive site, using the URL for the page on uo.com that lists the top guilds for a particular shard. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you can use this method to find an archived copy of the page for a specific guild.

The Internet Archive site is at http://www.archive.org/index.php .

As an example of a URL that should work in the Internet Archive's search engine, I tried looking for what it has as history for Baja's top guilds page (i.e., http://town.uo.com/guilds/shard_5.html ). The earliest page it found was from November 28, 1999. The dates for the other more recent pages that were archived seem very random.

Good luck and I hope this helps at least a little.

5. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

Thanks for that. The guild im looking for was at one point the largest on Oceania and it was only a month or so after creation so it will give me an idea of the creation month anyway. Thanks.