1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guild Search on "My UO" *sad sigh*

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Victoria Navarre, Nov 22, 2010.

1. I wish guild names would show up on the guild searches even though the "guild" I am searching for is long dead. I have been wanting make a guild using the same abrev/name of a guild I was a member from the time when AoS was first released.

My search of the guild abrev came back with no results. I was very excited to have a chance to have the guild name for myself. I went to go make the guild to find out that the name is unavailable.I wish the search terms would not be set to activity,and would show if the guild abrev exsists,even if the guild is not active.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

It could mean that no character in the guild has logged in during the past 30 days. I think that's as far back as it logs.

3. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yep.

4. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Is it this way for guilds that were around back in 99 but might have a member on a long closed account?

5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If the player lost his or her house back in '99 then the guild would be lost too. Post guild stones, I'm not sure though.

6. I am pretty confident that this guild whose name I want is long inactive.As in inactive for years,not just 30 days.Oh well,maybe later I'll get my chance.

7. Taylor

You're probably right, Victoria. Clearly, they have reserved the name, but none of their members have been active for at least 30 days--probably longer. I'm not sure whether guild names/acronyms are ever recycled, unfortunately. :(

8. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

If a guild is disbanded (I.E. all members quit) then the abbreviation IS recycled, I know, I've done it on accident.

9. Taylor

Unfortunately, not everyone leaves their guild prior to quitting. I once purchased an account with a guilded character. When I signed on for the first time, I glanced at the roster--no one on the roster had logged in for 3 years.

10. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have a guild created in-game on any of your characters? If so, do a guild search using the diplomacy feature. Even old guilds will turn up on that, assuming there are characters still in the guild.

11. I am not a GM of one but I do have an emmy title so I can look that way. TY for the reminder. I had forgotten about that.

Edit: I did the diplomacy search and saw that the guild that I was wanting still exsists in name. :(