1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guild Transfer when GM is inactive

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Assia Penryn, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I know I have read a process for transferring a guild when the GM is inactive. Does anyone know the details and process? Is it simply using the voting system in game and how long does a GM need to be MIA before it takes affect?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No time restrictions involved.

It's simply getting 50% +1 of the guild members on active accounts to vote for the new GM, IIRC.

3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks Basara! Never had to do it myself and while I knew there was a way, I didn't want to give them the wrong information. Thanks again!

4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hopefully there is an active Emmy that can promote enough people to member status so that they can vote. I know it was mentioned several months ago about guilds getting stuck because the GM had been inactive and they didn't have a way to vote for a new one (no active Emmy or not enough active members to offset the non-active members) and I think the short answer was that they were going to look into the situation, but I can't recall if they every came up with a solution.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Did that only too recently ..... If you are lucky and have members who are emissaries it is far easier.

Good luck.

6. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It was supposed to work that way. it has to be full members that are able to vote and it's more than 50% of all guild members that have voting rights. So if you have a large number inactive, it won't work.

7. Bruin

Bruin Guest

If you or someone has control over one of the emissaries - demote everyone you can to Ronin. Then promote only the people who are active and will vote to Member. Then you get all these members to vote for a new GM and it should work. The trick is you need 50% or more members voting for a new GM.

8. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You could still ask the Ronins to temporarily leave the guild.