1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2 Books

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by Zosimus, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Are you the type of player that enjoys reading, especially about the story of the game you are playing? Then Guild Wars 2 has satsified both answers for you.

Ghosts of Ascalon was written by Matt Forbeck and Jeff Grub. This is the first of the three novels that bridge the time between Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2.

[​IMG]

Ghosts of Ascalon was released on July 27th, 2010 in North America and Europe.

Edge of Destiny was written by J. Robert King. this is the second installment of three novels to bridge the time between Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2

[​IMG]

Edge of Destiny was released on December 28, 2010.

Sea of Sorrows written by Ree Soesbee has not been released yet. Speculation on release is around March 27th 2012. This will be updated if any changes.

You can go to Shop | Guild Wars 2 and scroll down to both books out so far and read the first chapter free.

2. BellaofCats

BellaofCats Guest

I didn't know there were books; that's awesome! I love to read and think I'll get both books to fill me in on the game. Thanks for posting this!

Bella

3. Bella

Bella Guest

I just ordered both for my Kindle Fire... instant download. Needless to say, don't expect to see much of me over the weekend, lol

Bella

4. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Woot!!!

I bought mine at a bookstore. They were going out of business and had a 75% off. I love the feel of the paper while reading a book.

Shhh dont tell anybody but this a secret. I like reading books on a Kindle Fire. Yes I admit it. I have cheated on my hardbacks and paperback books.

5. Bella

Bella Guest

Nice! Can't beat a good deal like that. I almost bought the actual books but didn't want to wait for them to ship. The Kindle Fire is nice but there is nothing like holding the actual book in your hands. I may still buy the physical copies at some point.

Anyhow, I started reading Ghosts of Ascalon today and am enjoying it quite a lot. Good storytelling but I already knew that going in :)