1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2 Column: World vs. World – A Dream Come True?

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by Zosimus, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Our friends over at MMORPG has touched upon the ArenaNet blog about World vs World.

Columnist William Murphy, gives some of his views on the topic. Great article and again this one touches upon the PvP aspect of the game.

Snippet:

"Our Thought: Holy mother of God, please don’t let my borderlands be sacked by ogres instead of players. We’ll be the laughing stock of the three servers."

Our staff here would like to thank William Murphy and MMORPG for giving us their take on World vs World in Guild Wars 2.

Please check out the link below from MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 (GW2) Column: World vs. World

For the click link impaired:

Guild Wars 2 Column: World vs. World – A Dream Come True?

The MMO world has been rocked with Arena.Net's latest blog post detailing the Guild Wars 2 World vs. World mechanic. We've got some thoughts to share about this epic system and what it means to the game and to the genre as a whole. Read on and then offer your thoughts!

By William Murphy on February 16, 2012

2. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Posted on Guild Wars 2 Stratics so come by check out the GW2 Art and Guild Spotlight while you are there.

3. Bella

Bella Guest

I've never PVP'd but I'll tell you what, after reading that and knowing what I do know about GW2's PVP, I may just have to give it a try. I mean, why not jump in and experience every part of what GW2 will be offering? I have yet to read anything that I don't like about this game!! Everything they have created sounds like a great time!

Bella

4. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

You will enjoy it Bella but if you never have PvP'd it takes time so you cant get frustrated. The worst case scenario is your going to die alot at first.

Plus you dont lose any of your items which is a plus for players who have issues with losing items.

DaoC RvR was epic so that comment about some of the DaoC best parts trust me you will enjoy it but I really like this part.....

So basically you get some NPC like these ogres, win them over to your side and they help for a bit. That is awesome in my opinion. Adds to the element of the fight.