1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guild wesites advertizing in game?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jahira-Tor, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was reminded by another thread to ask this. In my guilds page there is a slot to put my guilds website. Is this now illigal? Should i remove the adress from the area clearly marked for that purpose? If my guild website does not have anything advertized for rl $$ is that ok?

2. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

As long as your site is an UO-Related one and does not violate EA's ToS, you should be fine. Same for posting links on Stratics, save for that it cannot also violate our RoC.

3. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master

4. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My pleasure.

*Orvago bows*

5. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

Technically, a month ago posting Stratics.com would have been bannable no? I mean since you used to allow items for sale via rl cash.

6. My old guild had "google" as its guild website for years lol, never had any problems with it :p

7. Farscape

Farscape Guest

At this point in time DTA

8. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Technically, yes.

But as you and many others were well aware, EA/OSI had long taken a stance of "no action" against RL Monetary Sales, even a couple devs had posted such on our very forums in ages past.

Things started changing when eBay decided to stop the sale of Virtual Items, which affected all MMOs, not just Ultima Online.

9. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

The question is though, when did Mythic actually change EA's stance on RLT? Because it doesn't actually seem like they have, at all. They just have a silly rule that, at best, is open to interpretation.