1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guilds are for the ingame community, but ...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Olahorand, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

there are some issues, which make it real hard to keep an established guild with own history running in this sense.
    Example 1:
    A guild lost it's leader to inactivity since more than 2 years. No contact by any means. Several former members also went inactive or do not login to the characters on that shard any more. Many others, who wish the guild to go on and recover, voted for another member as the new guild leader. I cannot tell how many and how many of them are active. Unfortunately there is also no way to see the count of votes for the own character. So imagine - this char is still not guild leader. Since the old emissaries left also one by one, the guild can not add new members.
    Paging GM brought only the usual canning message to check the KB. But the information helps me not to gain the information needed (like numbers of active members, numbers of votes from those ...). Creating another guild instead is no option due to the name and the abbreviation, which are part of the history.

Example 2: Another guild with historical background. The only remaining member is one of my characters. The other members did not login since 2006 as well and as far as I can tell, they do not pay for their accounts any more. So if I vote for myself (also only member status) I should be able to vote for myself as leader and be promoted. But again - nothing.

The current system is intransparent and not able to handle such situations. Instead it should help to keep up the history, which is part of the motivation for many veteran players to continue. And a component in this would be to have not throw away the guild, if the leader went inactive.

Possible solution:
    If the team doesn't want a situation, in which the guild leadership can be taken over without having the inactive account to confirm, there could be created another rank - a secondary guild leader, who gets promoted with lesser restrictions, gets all the permissions of a guild leader besides closing the guild and kicking the guild leader. This promotion could happen automatically for the member with the most valid votes after maye 30 days, if the original leader does not vote against this within that time frame.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

2. Olahorand

Is the guilds page on uo.com bugged?
    I get the following result:
    Abbreviation: XYZ (replaced the original abbreviation)
    Guild Type: None
    Master/Mistress:
    Total Members: 3
    Veteran Members: 1

But my chars, which are also member in that guild, are not even listed, and so are several others.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

3. Guest

Guest Guest

you must have logged in within the last 30 days for char to show

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Someone once told me that if a char hasn´t been logged in for over a month he/she won´t show on the list.

5. Olahorand

But shouldn't the guild leader be shown anyway?
    And I think, that my chars did login within the last 30 days, be it for the valentins day stuff or skillgains.
    But I am not sooo young any more, so this thinking can be a mistake.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

6. Paging GM brought only the usual canning message to check the KB. But the information helps me not to gain the information <u> needed </u>(wanted)

Your answer was likely this one
    A Game Master can not assign anyone as the guild leader, nor can they remove an absent guild leader.

Seems pretty clear to me
    Not what YOU wanted ... but, the way that things be.

Maybe if you added in a way, for Factions to also control membership (ie. clearing OUT inactives)
    and leave in/create a way for small numbers to mutiny and gain control, or for guild ronin to (leaderLess) reform ...
    Maybe ...Maybe ...
    Maybe ...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

same thing guild leader must have logged in within 30 days and it is now over 30 days since valantine so you could have logged in and it passed the 30 day mark. log in tonight and see if you appear tomorrow .