1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gustav

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SSniffleslam, Aug 30, 2008.

1. SSniffleslam

SSniffleslam Guest

Well here's Gustav's projected path...I don't know if anyone lives in striking distance, but it looks like we'll be getting rain next week thanks to him! Right now it's a Cat 4 with 150MPH winds, but looks to be a Cat 5 by the time it reaches land.....OUCH!!!

[​IMG]

2. 0.0 New Orleans...:eek:snap:

3. Sooner or later their gonna learn not to move back. Mother Nature made a statement once. Now she is putting an exclamation point on the subject.

4. It just went to 5, and hanah is on the other side but a depression right now.

5. Flippers

Flippers Guest

You mean: "Hey dummies: don't make a city below sea level in an active area. Signed, Gaia."

6. SSniffleslam

SSniffleslam Guest

Oh now, the same could be said for where I live (Tornado Alley), and for California (earthquakes), and for that place in New York that got 8 feet of snow....It doesn't really matter where you live, there's nature everywhere.

7. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm glad we lost that huge multi-family rebuilding project in New Orleans. We'd probably have to rebuild them again! Hope it doesn't turn out like Katrina though, stay safe!

8. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The media scares me with the threat of the oil refineries being shut down. I am almost empty, I'm going to fill up right now just in case things go crazy by tomorrow. I remember how fast prices rose when Katrina hit. I'll be back for VP!

9. SSniffleslam

SSniffleslam Guest

Well it's weakened to a CAT3 - still dangerous - but not Katrina strength at least. Gas has already risen 10 cents here...but hopefully it won't do too much damage and gas will go back down quickly.

10. Cherri Bear

Cherri Bear Guest

Praying for everyone in Gustav's path!!!!

11. Im glad it dropped cause i have family there. Hannah went up to a cat.1 and is supposed to hit us soon but it wont do much beacuse all fay gave us was rain.