1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guys i been back 1 week and i can see what is wrong.....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by catskillpk, Apr 4, 2008.

1. catskillpk

catskillpk Guest

With UO after a 3 year break........Well on and off.......
    1 - Luna bank sitters all burning kills no one there or at brit bank..Tobe honest no one around anywhere....
    2 - deflation! artis everywhere nothing new to aim for.... Ie armour that is limited or very hard to get makes it more interesting to get.....

To be honest i got all the new stuff around luna and i have nothing to aim for =(.
    The list of new thing that the dev's could bring into the game would and could make it a much better game..
    Why dont EA sell to a dev who want to make it more interesting.....New rares to get all the time, Retire artis / rare items after a few weeks....
    Make new patchs interesting to casual players!....I personally really like the first round of the TOK artis...Limited time and now very nice rares.
    Personally UO after 10 years has not gone in the direction it could have taken, was the market leader now is hardly heard of, EA could have made millions a month from UO...
    Oh well to bone my super dragon......

2. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

<blockquote><hr>

With UO after a 3 year break........Well on and off.......
    1 - Luna bank sitters all burning kills no one there or at brit bank..Tobe honest no one around anywhere....
    2 - deflation! artis everywhere nothing new to aim for.... Ie armour that is limited or very hard to get makes it more interesting to get.....

To be honest i got all the new stuff around luna and i have nothing to aim for =(.
    The list of new thing that the dev's could bring into the game would and could make it a much better game..
    Why dont EA sell to a dev who want to make it more interesting.....New rares to get all the time, Retire artis / rare items after a few weeks....
    Make new patchs interesting to casual players!....I personally really like the first round of the TOK artis...Limited time and now very nice rares.
    Personally UO after 10 years has not gone in the direction it could have taken, was the market leader now is hardly heard of, EA could have made millions a month from UO...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be careful with that last line. [​IMG]

I can still find things in game that make it fun. I do miss the masses that used to be found in game though.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're not a red tamer, then you cant heal the dragon you boned lol

4. you came back during an event.
    go to moonglow that is where everbody is at the moment!!!!

5. I think that UO is the game with the most extensive item diversity in existance. I know what you mean: The game should yield special items only for a limited amount of time, and thus make items unique. However, the number of different items in the game would rise exponentially, and I can only imagine the techical trouble coming from this.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Get to Moonglow. Dont say you want to bone (sexual meaning too).
    Everything is happening in Moonglow.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

However, the number of different items in the game would rise exponentially, and I can only imagine the techical trouble coming from this.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Funny. Every other game in the genre seems capable of handling it...

8. The game already handles infinity different items. Namely, all the items with a billion different mods and values that come from monsters and crafting.

9. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Heres somthing noones thought of... (apparently) NON-PVP items!

My bottle of Yew wine is much cooler than a potm, or lucky tunic. [​IMG] Why? Because the potm went from 35m to 5-10m overnight. And I payed 7.5m for the wine, and can now get 15m-25m... and I suspect more down the road...

There still is a market.

Add items like that. Old school rare items, like where only 10 are made on one server, only distributed during an hour or 2 event, and the end result is 1000's of that item all over the servers... Oh heres another *good* idea. Remove Xfer tokens! (Implement a form of Xshard Trading Tokens... maybe the option to Xfer a bank box full of goodies to a diff server??) If you want to PVP on another server, make a *new* character. Thats the best part about the game.

10. Biggest problem is lack of players. 6 Years ago Britannia bank was Stuffed with people at evening, now it's empty. It's just hard to get new players to very old game.

I think they should make SA just for KR, enhance 3D features and advertise this game (Giving this game fresh image). UO still has some advantages compared to other games: Skillpoint system (Atleast I like it better then levels), PvP system is better then in any other MMORPG around and housing is very interesting.

11. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

--------------------
    Biggest problem is lack of players..
    -----------------------------

and still losing players,

12. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Want more people to play UO with? Bring a RL friend into UO.

Its really that easy...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

"I think they should make SA just for KR, enhance 3D features and advertise this game (Giving this game fresh image)."

Very bad idea. UO would lose the majority of it's vets and playerbase if they did that. EA already tried to do that by making Ilshenar accessable only in 3D, and when they realized what a flop it was they made UO: LBR, allowing 2D players into Ilsh and "updating" our graphics a little.

"UO still has some advantages compared to other games: Skillpoint system (Atleast I like it better then levels), PvP system is better then in any other MMORPG around and housing is very interesting."

Currently, yes. However when Darkfall comes out, that will change. Open Beta is expected to be Summer 2008.
    http://www.darkfallonline.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIY8tg2qBs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bYYT6Wg3Gg&amp;feature=related

Due to YouTubes video requirements, it blurred up alot of the videos, the graphics of the game are actually alot cleaner and crisp than you see there. You can download a non-blurry form of the video from a link there if i remember right.

14. IMO these items are partially responsible for killing the game, UO used to be about playing the game not getting the next best item.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Darkfall... LOL

Good luck with that.

16. Umm, who burns kills in TRAM?

LOL [​IMG]

Also, what the heck?

And, huh?

OH!?

HWAET!

17. Karthcove

Karthcove Guest

<blockquote><hr>

"I think they should make SA just for KR, enhance 3D features and advertise this game (Giving this game fresh image)."

Very bad idea. UO would lose the majority of it's vets and playerbase if they did that. EA already tried to do that by making Ilshenar accessable only in 3D, and when they realized what a flop it was they made UO: LBR, allowing 2D players into Ilsh and "updating" our graphics a little.

"UO still has some advantages compared to other games: Skillpoint system (Atleast I like it better then levels), PvP system is better then in any other MMORPG around and housing is very interesting."

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I have been working with computers, designing web sites and programming for a very long time - started on a TI-99 4A with cassette tapes... anyway my point is - my eyes can't consume a graphic intensive screen anymore, I tried UO's 3D when it came out and after about 20 minutes of playing I was done. What UO offers may not be the prettiest graphics but they are the most user friendly graphics on the web - even after playing this game for so many years I am still amazed everyday with what the game offers.

Brit bank used to be a full and bustling place - Luna with its location of the bank and proximity of the everyday NPCs like smithy, tailor, carp and mages made it a real "easy" choice to sit and congregate. The problem is - Brit bank and the town in general had openness and more than one group could have a conversation going - Luna on the other hand is so cramped, everyone has to stand on someone else making the whole experience very different and uninviting. Also, there are now just too many towns and cities - would be a good thing IMO to have a few more Magencia scenarios which only leave a whole in the ground where only memories and legends remain.

18. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually, IMO the biggest problem is whiners crying about "lack of players"

There are more then enough players on all main servers to play the game &amp; have a great time. Trammel or Felucca.

Nothing more pathetic then paying your $13 per month to continue to whine about the 'good ol days' while contributing nothing to today or the future.

Stfu &amp; play the game or leave. Your whining accomplishes absolutely nothing &amp; is of course only acknowledged by other germs of your type.

Peace [​IMG]

19. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

*Wishing I had a nickel in the bank for everytime some ADD loser touted the next &amp; greatest game to slay UO*

I would be a bazillionaire &amp; control EA just to ensure that absolutely nothing changed unless it enhanced only my template specifically.

Ohh wait, the Devs already have done that. Damn those crafty buggers!

20. things i noticed recently that i have not really thought about until now -

I remember on atl, well most shards in fact

there was always that line of bank sitters that were on Mares by the water in brit. and the fire steed line was by the bank. etc. no meaning really, but now brit bank just has a few afk ppl [​IMG]

heck even YEW GATE is dead.

21. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

Luna bank sitters all burning kills = ok, that means what??

To be honest i got all the new stuff around luna and i have nothing to aim for . = no, to be honest, you got weak and bought all your stuff. That's the problem.

Go to trade forums and read how some guy is offering 90 million for one item, and (rofl) 255 million for another.....players buy gold. it's simple.....why work for it when I can be lazy, (and stupid) and spend real life dollars on pixelated gold.

255 million.....c'mon, even at 50 cents a million, ....ya gotta have proud relatives.....bet the love life is down the can though.

Bottom line, if there was no outside gold sales allowed......then there would be alot more goals.

say what you will, I tell it like it is.

22. _Uriah Heep_

_Uriah Heep_ Guest

Exactly.

Used to go to the bank and buy WWs, Mares, Cu's even, now, ya cant hardly get a pet rezzed, much less find anyone selling one.
    *shrugs*
    Personal opinion, I don't think it's cause everyone is busy doin other things...I just don't think that quantity of players exists anymore to have peeps selling normal goods. All Ya ever see anyone spamming now is the latest fad, or hi end arties.

23. Guest

Guest Guest

Lol. I never said Darkfall would slay UO. However when Darkfall is released, UO won't be the only MMORPG with No Levels/No Classes/100% Skill Based. Plus, Darkfall's PvP will be more intense and player skill requiring than UO (Which currently UO is sitting on the Throne of MMORPG PvP, it will have to abdicate that to DF). If you were an old UO Vet, then you'd know how much of a blast the "Good Ol' Days" were, and would be talking about them as well.

If you are a PvPer, then you'd know that PvP in Darkfall is what PvP should be. Darkfall is geared towards PvPers. Here's only a fraction of the PvP Features...

No Safe Zones (Attack Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime, just be prepared to face the consequence, like Guards attacking you, they're not Insta Killers).
    Full Loot (No crap like Blessed Items or Insurance).
    Killable/Siezable Mounts (Kill someone's mount while they're riding it, or take it by force).
    No Auto Attack (You have to manually aim every swing/arrow/spell, like Oblivion).
    Gore (Bloodspatter, Dismemberments and Decapitations).
    Friendly Fire (Which makes large gank squads just as likely to hit their own members if they're disorganized when attacking).
    No Name Tags (Healers need to manually target people to heal, which requires skill and practice, like casting Targeted Healing spells in Oblivion).
    Naval Combat (Ship vs Ship, Ship vs Land, can sink a ship while it's crew is on it, or kill off the crew and capture the ship).
    Real Physics (No walking right through people as if they weren't there, you can push them to some extent, this adds real reason to hold formations, and real reason for "Calvary Charges". Mounted Players can use their mounts to shove players out of the way, especially while in a charge).

Need i go on?

Even if you highly doubt DF will ever come out, if you're any kind of PvPer, you know you will go out and buy it when it comes out.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, i remember Tamers lining up horses at Brit Bank, and selling them (They actually sold back then too!). Then when UO: The Second Age came out, you'd see people selling Rideable Llamas and Ostards too. People had to be careful of banking, and were very suspicious of anyone standing next to them while they banked, thieves would often times walk up to someone banking, snoop their pack, and steal their house key, etc. This song describes it perfectly.
    http://www.digiphobia.com/ultimasongs/html/bank.html

25. If you were an old UO Vet, then you'd know how much of a blast the "Good Ol' Days" were

Yep....the "good ol' days"

Of dry looting.
    Of someone stealing your house key, stripping your house dry, then dropping it in front of you.
    Of never trusting anyone to so much as stand beside you.
    Of losing everything you'd spent an entire evening gathering by roaming gank squads.

Need I go on? [​IMG]

26. Guest

Guest Guest

Hehe, were you in a guild? Being in a guild helped ALOT back then. And it will in DF too. This here is stated in the DF Features, and was very true for oldschool UO too.

"There are no safe zones in Darkfall. The only protection you can count on is your friends watching your back."

27. ChinaCat

ChinaCat Guest

Just thought I'd stop by and see what was going on.

Ah, the old days. I remember weeks after UO was released, when they brought Catskills up. That first week on Catskills was some of the fun times I've ever had in a game. UO in the old days was so much fun.

Re: Darkfall. After 7 years of hype, and no beta test, let alone a release date, I'm surprised any one is still even listening to them If it magically appears, that will be nice. Until then, whatever.

-CC

28. eolsunder1

eolsunder1 Guest

Stuff to aim for.

Well this changed long ago. UO forgot that the reason MMorpg last and people play on them for long times is that you can't get everything in a month. If you play a game and you can get everything fast, you stop playing very fast. Just like the test shard. Fun to get in and get all the fun stuff and fart around, but you don't stay on there.

So to make a game interesting, you need to have goals in it. In the old days of UO, this worked. You couldn't train skills fast. You didn't get the good items easy. You could get in the game and have fun, but to reach the tops it took a long time. I started playing as a craftsman, it took a LONG time to GM lumberjack, mining, etc. Took me months to GM my carpentry and lumberjack because it took a LONG time to chop logs then make items.

The goal is to keep peoples attention in the game. They have forgotten about this. Currently they have to have little "events" to break the boredom. Many people just stand around the bank because they have all their little "toys".

There isn't any decay anymore. Once you get your good items you have them pretty much permently. Now they drop arties fast, now runics make better items, easy to get. Your house is fully of pixel junk, and you toss so much stuff because you already have so much stuff. Skills are easy to train, much so more that scripting tools allow you to do it easy. No more staff running about to check on scripters/macroers. Usually you won't ever see a GM unless someone pages one on you, or you page for one. I remember the days when GM's would just pop up at night in your house to see how you were doing, just making sure you weren't macroing. I remember tons of times on my boat when a GM would make his appearance and say hi, hows it going, just checking. Chat a bit, cya. move on.

29. Guest

Guest Guest

Pffft, I honestly had a 120 archer with a 70's suit before my 14 day free trial was up lol.. and i'm still here six months later. I also have players on cats that are 10 years old tho.

If you know what your doing UO is easy, I managed to kill someone in yew.. Looted a crimmy, oam, rune beetle caprice, jackals, spirit of the totem, stitchers, and a pendant one day then I was well on my way to having a chect with over 125 mill gold checks XD

30. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

--------------------------------------------------------
    The goal is to keep peoples attention in the game. They have forgotten about this
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

that is sooo true,
    the dev´s overflow the game with items, wich should never happen in this quantitie.

arties are worthless now
    cursed arties are extrem worthless now
    deco items (got bashed as gift´s in big quantities) worthless
    aslo event items drops in bulk quantities, no one buy berserkers skythe or such items

and why?
    because some player complaint many time´s how hard it is to get a doom arty
    and what is the result?
    many players that thought if the arty drop would be increased they could get rich as other do,now they see, that the prices are fall so extremly, they spent more money to be in doom as they can get get from the selling of the arties

stealing thiefs cant sell the items they steal, because every one has 100th of deco gifts(all this 8th anny deco´s should have been stealable items and not
    "give-aways")

on the other side, the dev´s make things so hard or boring to get, that most players dont care about to get this things now
    (example: hartwood/zoo/library)

i think the dev´s know only 2 way´s

extremly to easy or extremly to hard
    there is no middle way

31. Fantaapple

Fantaapple Guest

Ultima Online is still fun
    But they just need to focus on Tram and fel
    Not just Tram