1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gygax Memorial in Doom?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Is it up in Dungeon Doom yet or does that come with the publish too? By the way, I'm not making this up. It's a new blurb on uo.com. *pokes the stratics news people*

2. <blockquote><hr>

Therefore, let it be known that within the darkest depths of the dungeon Doom a new power has awakened! For the Dungeon Master has established a place for his games – games of life and death, waiting for the unwary and daring alike to tread into his sanctuary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds fun! [​IMG]

Maybe this was the reason for the redecorating of the one room? A doorway to his sanctuary perhaps?

3. participants are sworn to secrecy ....

one of the rules of the games
    [​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Can you at least tell us if they added more than just 6 siders to UO? I need a 20 sided die badly!

5. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

SORRY I was eating dinner...it's up *falls over from exhaustion*

6. Eating? Your not allowed to stop working and eat! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poor Larisa...working so hard she is falling behind [​IMG]

7. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

*laughs* Yeah I feel that way sometimes! *grins* Sorry guys!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I was talking to a gal I work with here at UCDavis a couple days ago, who is probably in her late 50's, and we started discussing our D&amp;D days. Good times.

Great game.

9. Zippididooda

Zippididooda Guest

After reading the blurb about the memorial, and being a doom frequenter, I put 2 and 2 together. There is an area in doom that changed recently, an area where a certain level 10 stealable spawns. So there are some interesting things there now, and I took a closer look on my shard. After further inspection, I have more questions than answers but this I know, all I can do is manage to get stuck in a few spots in there.
    Im thinking its not all the way done, or there is some item or password Im lacking.
    Some questions:
    What is the arcane circle pit for?
    Why cant I sit in what looks to be the Dungeoun Masters chair?
    Whats with the floor in that room?
    What is to happen to the artifact that normally spawns where you cant walk now?
    Thanks, please give some thoughts

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I also went in on my home shard took a stroll around doom examined the room tried a few things no stuck spots in there for me I was able to walk on the arcane circle just fine.

But I was unable to find anything useful just new scenery. I found no new monsters or other areas that we have not seen yet so I have no idea what the deal is.

I did try some keywords but nothing also tried clicking any switches I could find also nothing.

11. Get a group on origin ... there's a gary seated at the table, a "game board", a d20 die, rulebook ... [​IMG]

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll take your word for it. Also wanted to add that thats pretty freaking cool.

13. This sounds cool. If a little....spell-breaking? Out-of-character things in-game always jar me. I was hoping for an in-character NPC of some kind, hanging out in Lord British's castle or something.

This does sound cool though.

[​IMG]

-Galen's player

14. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Someone come rez me.

please.

[​IMG]

15. Fayled, we also went as a group on Origin. Even summoned a pair of "Game Masters" to show up and put on a show.....

16. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Fayled, we also went as a group on Origin. Even summoned a pair of "Game Masters" to show up and put on a show.....

[/ QUOTE ]Whoa, what're the odds of that? o_O

17. Guest

Guest Guest

RTLFC

I want a d20 in game!

Imagine people playing a fantasy game... inside a fantasy game!