1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gypsy spawns - anything special?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trevelyan, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

So theres 1-2 or so containers that spawn around the tent, a load of gypsies, a tent, but nothing special in the chests? Really low level items and gold, I just cant find anything new or special.

The chest inside is inaccessible and never has anything in anyway. Is there anything "rare" and not often found, or is there nothing special to be found?

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I hear tell of large stacks of gems. Great addition if true. Gems are a giant pain in the ass to get a hold of on siege.

3. quig

quig Guest

I ve seen about 10 tents and opened the 2 chests that spawn outside the tent, didnt see anything new. Maybe the chest inside is supposed to spawn something, it is always empty and inaccesable.

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

"Hear" from where ........ ?

I mean, was it posted in a Dev log ? Was it on UOHerald ?

5. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

Gypsy spawns - anything special?

............hmmmm...........

--dirt---?

:lol:

6. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Some player reported to have found 72 diamonds or so in a chest.

I guess there's also other new stuff, but it's probably pretty rare so it might take a while till someone finds it.

Can't expect to find an Über-Item in the first few chests you open, now can you?!

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

So far all I can report is the occasional relatively large pile of necro regs. 60 - 80ish.

8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Most unusual find for me so far was a pile of about 960 grave dust. Some chests supposedly spawn checks. They are also supposed to very rarely spawn something else that is purely decorative and does something never before seen in the game. (My guess: a hovering magic carpet?) Check the gypsy camp thread in the Test Center forum for more details.

9. Petra Fyde

One thing I am noticing, there are a lot less gypsy camps than there used to be. I've a feeling some of the locations have become 'invalid' because the tent can't spawn. For example, I just ran the entire length of Barrier Isle without finding a single gypsy or brigand. I didn't think that was possible.

10. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I got one on Barrier Island yesterday. Found some necro regs 100-120 and mandrake 121 and a few other crappy odds and ends.

11. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Petra, I've gotten the feeling that some of the gypsy spawn may actually be triggered by the presence of a character. Have seen the same situation you describe on Barrier Isle the first time I visit it on a particular day. When I come back, there are gypsies and brigands. Same with some other areas that regularly spawn gypsies.

12. Petra Fyde

hmm, I hadn't thought of that! I'll bear it in mind.

13. Minerva Foxglove

Stratics Veteran

The tents dissapear if a house blocks the ground. But if the tent spawns behind my house I get blocking items inside my house. This morning I had their kettle under my house teleporter so it was blocked.

14. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ive been doing quite a gew now since the gypsies seem to llike the area around my house... and one thing i noticed is that the tent seems to stay for a long time ... like hours if i pick all the chest..Gypsies are gone chest are gone,but the tent remains.. one has been outside my house for about 3 hours now..........:coco:

15. Symma

Symma Certifiable

I reported it in the other main thread on this topic. I got 67 diamonds in one chest whilst doing Gypsy Camps on Siege Perilous :)

Nothing else to report except the usual larger amounts of reagents.

16. Gelf

Gelf Guest

Curious, was anyone using alot of luck(been usin a char with 140 luck myself)? have done about 500 gypsy chests so far and have gotten nothin out of the ordinary(no lg. stacks of gems/regs or checks/rares ect)

17. Symma

Symma Certifiable

I've never used Luck. I was always under the impression it had no effect on the contents.

18. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Petra, I'm noticing the lack of gypsies today on Barrier Isle, but only in Trammel. Haven't spotted them once in about 8 visits. However, they're still spawning on the island in Fel.

19. Gelf

Gelf Guest

been to barrier island a couple times today, did about a dozen gypsy chests. i usually do bandit spawn as well(kill bandits,get rid or the prisoners,and loot chests). havent really had too much problem with gypsies spawning.not certain but perhaps there related in some way. have u been doing bandits as well as gypsies?

20. Petra Fyde

I didn't have fel or trammel choice, I was on Siege :D They were there yesterday though. I think I was just unlucky.

21. Gelf

Gelf Guest

not sure how closely related they r to mob spawn, but if so then they likely spawn so many per amount of time. so, sounds like someone beat u to them.
    Did u try tracking?might find it's a stealther who 's been absconding with ur gypsy loot:)

22. Symma

Symma Certifiable

Just had this spawn happen on Barrier Isle on Siege Perilous lol

[​IMG]

23. Petra Fyde

nice! Still nothing to report beyond the occasional nice pile of regs or gems. Though 69 tourmalines and 70 citrines on Siege last night were much appreciated.

24. angelus aconitum

angelus aconitum Journeyman

Any news on findings?

What about the checks? What kind of checks are these?

I have done maybe 100 camps the last 2-3 days and nothing special. I get many regs and gems every third or fourth camp, nothing else.

25. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

i've done these days and days and hours after hours now. i have received one pile of 78 amethysts. sp? random piles of reagents 70-90 each. . i have hovered every weapon, wand, armor, shield, and taken every arrow and bolt. nothing else outstanding.

i do have a request i will post in ask a dev.

my request will be, if i manage to pick (magic unlock for you mages with no picking) one of the chests, that the timer of the gypsie camp have like 2 minutes or at least 1 minute added to its spawn time.

There is nothing like, pick pick telekenis telekenis poof!

doh!

26. Gelf

Gelf Guest

was spending 2-3 hours a day on these, was about 7-8 days before i finally got anything(got a stack of bloodmoss). started gettin a stack of gems(rubies)/reagents about every 25-30 chests since i got first stack(between 60-80 per stack). at this rate i'm figurin the gypsy jewlrey/check will be about as rare as the ruined painting

27. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Why do you say jewelry by the way? Did someone say what the rare item/s were?

28. Gelf

Gelf Guest

ya someone posted the info from patch said jewelry and checks, at least thats what i recall.

edit: just checked post, has no mention of jewelry. still for some reason i keep thinkin i read it somewhere. though could be gettin it confused with something else i read ,i suppose

edit again: k found post said purely cosmetic item, some how my brain interpreted this as jewelry(and have been closely checking jewelry in chests for apparently no reason :sad4:)

29. angelus aconitum

On UOGuide they also say that jewelry can be found. But I have not seen any post from the devs that it's jewelry. But the devs said that there are new deco items as rare finds and that they would be rarer than the checks.
    I haven't received any check so far and it's now day 4 or 5 with ~4 hours each day just picking gypsy chests and killing gypsies. All I got is regs, gems and gold.

30. Petra Fyde

Yes there's jewelry. To the best of my knowledge the difference between gypsy camp jewelry and normal loot jewelry is that you can find it with + throwing or + mysticism on.

31. Symma

Symma Certifiable

Jewellery with those modifiers also spawns on monsters. Killed a Arctic Orge Lord yesterday and got a bracelet with + mysticism. I think I've also seen some junk jewellery in normal chests with these stats.

I've still got nothing remarkable, although its been a couple of days since i opened a large number of chests. Need a break from it lol

32. Petra Fyde

:) well I did say, 'to the best of my knowledge'. In this instance my knowledge is decidedly faulty.
    Nothing found here. Though each time I open one I have visions of opening the chest, thinking 'oh! What's that?' reaching inside and the chest disappearing as I do so.

33. angelus aconitum

I still do 3-4 hours hunting the gypsy camps and still nothing. No check, nothing else special, just the plus in regs and gems.

Anyone else with more luck?

Maybe we need to snoop the gypsies to see if they carry something special and then steal it? Do we have to kill the gypsies first before picking the chests? Do we first have to detect hidden, then untrap and then pick the chests?
    Or do we have to dig somewhere around the camp?

Well, I think this is totally bugged and nothing special spawns right now or it is so rare .... just like special droppings in the old dungeons.

34. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

Boy I'm sure missing Sakkarah right now.... she'd be in this explaining away right now...where, oh where, have our Dev's gone?

35. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

LOL Yeah, that's what I picture happening too.....everything poofs just as I open the chest.

The Publish 65 notes include this sentence: "The gypsies and their treasure chests now occasionally spawn with enhanced loot (Reagents, Gems, Checks or new jewelry pieces)." http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1032

I didn't really want to have to kill the gypsies, but if I must, I must. My initial enthusiasm for this part of the publish has definitely waned after too many hours wasted and seeing that no one else seems to have found anything unusual.

36. Symma

Symma Certifiable

I've tried killing the gypsies but got nothing special except being flagged grey lol.

Have to watch where I do it on Siege lol. Don't want to any extra attention.

EDIT: Just got a large quantity of a regeant off a gypsy NPC. I had dismissed the NPCs but will kill them all now /evil grin

37. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

I was taking a hike yesterday and saw a lot of gypsies between the minoc gate and Ice.

I thought it was notable to see five or six spawns.

38. Gelf

Gelf Guest

ahh thought i had read it somewhere,from devs, about the Jewelry. didn't think to recheck pub note

39. angelus aconitum

I don't know where I read it, but is it possible that someone from the devs said that there were also new deco items?

And I noticed that the surplus in regs and gems is normally on the gypsies and not in the chests, so I kill every gypsy on sight.

40. A Rev

A Rev Guest

An interesting thing just popped into my head.

If the checks spawn on the Gypsies...how do you get them??

Surely the blessed feature of checks would apply to them as well thereby staying on them indefinatly!?!

41. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

snoop them before you kill them to check to see if they have checks on them

42. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

But it's still 'blessed', and you won't be able to steal it, and if they die it should not drop to the corpse, so you won't get it that way either - either their version is different from the ones players get, or they spawn in the chests so they can be picked up from there. If they exist....

43. Petra Fyde

doh! I haven't been killing the gypsies, just picking the chests.

44. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Ninjas have blessed spellbook in their loot. Cat statues blessed was in loot too.

45. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Didn't know about the ninja one, but I should have remembered the cat statue :blushing:

46. Opaque Words

Opaque Words Guest

I looked up the patch notes and it said as follows

"
    Tents have returned to Gyspy Camps

· Gypsy Camps now spawn with their tents.

· The tents are now persistent and are no longer instantly deleted after creation

· The spawn locations of the treasure chests, campfire and kettle, trash pile, and gypsies are now randomized

· The template now spawns 4 to 6 gypsies instead of 4

· The gypsies and their treasure chests now occasionally spawn with enhanced loot. (Reagents, Gems, Checks or new jewelry pieces)"

Hope this helps you guys a little its says the gypsies and the chest both spawn with checks, reagents, jewels, etc.

47. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Phoenix stated on another thread (http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=187757&highlight=gypsy) that there was a super rare item in gypsy chests:

Just so everyone knows the score. These items sure are rare!

48. angelus aconitum

Thx, that is exactly the post I have read and haven't found anymore :)

So the checks are pretty rare and the cosmetic item is even rarer ..... hmmm

49. Symma

Symma Certifiable

Yeh, we all kind of worked that out now :p

50. angelus aconitum

it's not correct that they spawn 4 to 6 gypsies per camp, but the camp spawns with 6-8 gypsies. I have not seen a single camp with less than 6 gypsies.