1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hacked

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Guest, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

mine and sundina's accounts were recently hacked, most likely due to a key logger somehow being implanted on my computer, we lost a good amount of stuff but managed to save most of our rare items, however the cost to replace everything is kind of steep

EVENT ITEMS:
    good samaritan robe
    necromancer robe
    phoenix armor full suit
    enervate mask
    orc skin mask
    gray halloween on chesapeake mask
    you were naughty this year bag - 2

DOOM ARTIFACTS:
    inquisitor's resolution
    ornament of the magician - 7
    hat of the magi - 3
    armor of fortune - 4
    spirit of the totem - 2
    jackal's collar - 3
    legs of bane - 4
    bracelet of health
    voice of the fallen king
    ring of the vile
    helm of insight

MONDAIN'S LEGACY ITEMS:
    repond slayer scrappers compendium
    crimson cincture - 8
    crystalline ring
    maritime reading glasses
    mace n shield reading glasses - 3
    pendent of the magi - 21
    stitchers mittens - 2
    spell woven britches
    1/2 casting shield - 2
    80 luck shield 15/15 -1 fc - 2
    jester hat of chuckles
    alchemy talisman +5 mage
    totem of the void - 6
    primer on arms - 4
    60 regular scrappers compendium's

TOKUNO MAJORS:
    runebeetle carapace - 8
    kasa of the rajin - 3
    stormgrips

VETERAN REWARDS:
    8 unchosen vet rewards
    polar bear statue
    jet black vet robe - 3
    white vet robe
    ice blue vet robe
    valorite vet robe
    verite vet robe
    ethies - 9

MISCELLANEOUS:
    name change token
    charger of the fallin - 3
    lucky necklace - 2
    quiver of infinite - 3
    13 daemon blood tiles
    grim reaper scythe
    berserker scythe
    europa gold robe
    double blessed black sandals
    double blessed orcish kin mask
    double blessed orc mask
    300th anniversary bag with plate included
    europa gold skirt
    europa gold doublet
    europa gold body sash
    31 various potted plants
    hooded shroud of shadows - 3
    dark blue necro robe
    glacial spellbook
    humility cloak
    +11 mage 1 fc ring
    +14 mage ring
    long sword 38 fireball 62 ml 60 ll 12 dci 25 ssi
    spell chann shield no delay 15 hci 14 dci enhanced w/ val

gold:
    25 mil

2. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

Im Really Really sorry to hear about all of this [​IMG]....but just to let some ppl know, and your self of course.....the way alot of ppl have done this is by this

they do it thru ur email secret question and answer....they'll see what the question is then just start talking to you, normaly about some items you have for sale, etc etc casual convo ya know, then they'll slowly get into what the question is about..."whats my pets name" or something ya know, they'll go in detail, well im 35 from cali got a cpl kids etc etc make you think there ur friend and eventually say well ive got this dog his name is fido hes the coolest, so do you have a pet?, why yes i do, oh? so whats his name?...his name is rover....now they try rover in the secret question and boom, done deal, if that doesnt work then they keep trying

I figured this out when one of my good friends Tazar / Guin from LS got hacked, they found out who done it and i talked to him for quite some time figuring all of this stuff out.

so all in all, make sure none of ur stuff is hooked up to ur uo acct, ur email address that you use for uo should NOT be displayed any where, no one should know that email, the email address you use for your UO acct should be one that ONLY YOU KNOW and it SHOULD NOT be linked to any of ur other email accts.

ive typed this really fast so im not for sure if it all makes good sense or not lol, ill re-read it later.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

all together 12 accounts were hacked into, between about 4 different emails

4. Guest

Guest Guest

so sorry for u mate...
    could u explain how u think they did? maybe it could save som other guy

5. Guest

Guest Guest

A friend of mine got hacked recently as well. She actually caught them in the act so fortunately she didn't lose too much.
    I am sorry for your loss. I wish there was a better recourse for people.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

i have no idea how this happened, the weird thing is, 3 of the accounts that they changed the password to had been inactive for over a month, so if it was a key logger if could have been on my computer for some time and the guy was just waiting to strike, i found out shortly after he started, but couldn't close down my account right away, at least we saved most of our rares, that enervate mask and repond scrappers are pretty much irreplaceable and i paid 64m for my phoenix armor not gonna pay 150 for a new suit, and those 2 robes we got for like 100m each, now they go for over 200m each, we pretty much just need a broker or someone to sell us a bunch of doom arties in bulk to put suits back together

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh ouch. I'm sorry for your losses, Demonous. Good on you for getting them relatively early.

8. Wastelands

Wastelands Guest

If they know your email password, they can request a list with all the accounts with your email on them, and your passwords.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

If they know your email password, they can request a list with all the accounts with your email on them, and your passwords.

[/ QUOTE ]

they would have had to know 4 different emails and 4 different passwords then

10. Wastelands

Wastelands Guest

Heh, well you didn't mention that just giving soem minor info, and if they hacked you who's to say they dont? =[

11. _Uriah Heep_

_Uriah Heep_ Guest

You can lose a lot of stuff, to hacking, without ever being hacked!

As a gm, I had quite a few new players/members, who had either small houses or no houses. Several of em were co-owned to my houses, to assist me with helping noobs and the new chars of existing guildmates. Logged in to one of my houses one day, it was pretty much cleaned out! Went checking the others, same way with them. Then I noticed the house signs...all houses were renamed to : Looted by Judy LOL

She was sick and not playing at the time...someone got her info, looted me, and quite a few of the mates who her chars were friended to. So not only do ya have to be sure of YOUR security, Gotta encourage all the guildies and friends to tend to their security as well.

12. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sorry to here about your loss man. Hope this does not discourage you from playing anymore. Hate to see an old time player leave.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Aye sorry to hear about your loss my friend, being hacked is one of the worst things that can happen, but do not give up, with a little help from your friends and such you should be back on track in no time and will hopefully be doing better than you was before in the future. I wish you the best of luck with recovering from this nasty deed.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

appreciate everyones concern, they didnt get too many rares so thats good, thats where most of my money is invested