1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hailstorm Vs. Meteorswarm/Chainlightning

Discussion in 'UHall' started by puni666, Apr 12, 2010.

1. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Meteorswarm/Chain Lightning

-Hits a series of targets with meteors for max 64 to 69 total Fire damage. Less targets means more damage per target. Damage level depends on Eval Int and Inscription.

Casting speed 2.00

Hailstorm

-Summons a storm of hailstones that strikes all Targets within a (3 tile) radius around the Target's Location, dealing Cold (Cold) damage.
    120 Mysticism, 120 Focus: Damage: 80-86 Damage doesn't decrease with multiple targets.

Casting speed 2.00

Thoughts? Should they be balanced out or no?

2. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

Hailstorm is awesome. I also like the fact that it does cold damage.
    IMHO no because I don't think the necro spell wither reduces damage per target either. Infact 40 lmc necromancers used to spam wither @ the sleeping dragon champ spawn to clear it out. That tactic was extremely effective. Magery in general is many more spells and has much more uses.... The single target spells of magery {ebolt , explosion, flamestrike} are also better in magery then netherbolt , bombard... So I would say no

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

agreed/

4. magery needs to be re vamped, and they really need to fix some of the damag spells,

exp should work like a spell plague, and do a series of min exp for 10 hp, eb should stun the targets making them slower,

flame strikes should lower the targets resist to 60

i mean maybe that that exact but something close to making it more effective,

we have had the same 64 spells do the exact same 64 things since aos has hit

5. Yalp

Yalp Guest

/signed

6. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

are both 'three tile' area spells ?

7. Gelf

Gelf Guest

no, meteorswarm/chainlightning hit a larger area

8. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I really don't think those are good ideas... Revamping worthless spells in magery, sure, but not adding new effects to the most common ones. -_-

9. MS and CL hit people invised.

Hailstorm doesn't.

Theres the balance.

10. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

The area effect's cool and all. I like that it's pretty much a wither but you can target it. It's just I personally feel the damage is way to high. I mean flamestrike is the same spell circle and it only deals meteorswarm/chain lightning damage to one target.

11. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

/signed also