1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Halloween Bones - I crack myself up

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Theo_GL, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, since it gets named with your char name I decided to have some fun....

[​IMG]

2. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*waits for impending fiery death*

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

And here I thought I was bad...

4. Mesanna

Mesanna UO Producer | Dark OverLady
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

5. Lady Tia

Lady Tia Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oh yeah... you go get him Mesanna....hang his head from Brit Bank :D

6. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

7. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

:lol:

I hope ..... laughs > pain inflicted :confused:

Rhiannon likes this.
  8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am going to stay far far away from you..:)

Shamus Turlough likes this.
  9. Tazar

Tazar Guest

*Steps back and waits for massive lightning bolts*

Rhiannon likes this.
  10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mesanna, are the rumors true that the real reasons we Britannians found Malas devoid of human life at the launch of Age of Shadows was that you had a big event for the residents of Luna and Umbra to welcome them into the game, and killed them all, so that the only survivors were those shopkeepers stuck at work?

11. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Lightning bolts? I see an Armageddon spell from Messana that wont fizzle.

Rhiannon likes this.
  12. SinDee

SinDee Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If Messana was creative she would reanimate the bones and have the monster only spam untill he get rid of the bones. :p

13. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Why do i see a long painfull death for someone.....................
    Rule 1:
    Never Ever Fool with the Dark Lady in Any way....
    Rule 2:
    Nevr break rule 1

Rhiannon, Bazer, Storm and 1 other person like this.
  14. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Why is everyone using her name anyway? I've seen Messanna MEsanna M'e'sanna......Miss Popularity over here!

15. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

Because they are trying to sell "her" bones for 50-100m+ (on Atlantic anyway). Personally I think her name should be added to the filtered list to prevent that kinda stuff. Buncha crooks out here these days, and folks that know no better....

imported_Vesta likes this.
  16. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

We all know that having these bones in my house is asking for troubles! ;)
    [​IMG]

Rhiannon likes this.
  17. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I can think of a few RL politicians.... oh, never mind... :D

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  18. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That's not funny... I know a guy who tried that once and died.

19. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

That was funny... but I sure don't think I'd spend much time standing next to ya either!

Rhiannon likes this.
  20. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Two things to point out on this thread:

1 - Amazing that the UO Dev team would add something like this <Name> + "Bones" and NOT see the opportunity for abuse in the first 30 seconds of having the idea.
    2 - Amazing that this gets the attention of the Dev team/producer but yet bugs added to the game like runics not adding 35% Damage Increase as intended is broken with the last update to only add 20% with exactly zero response from the dev team. This is actually a game altering bug or non-communicated intended change (which one team?). Shows you the focus and state of our game.

21. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Well at first I thought you were just being funny and took it exactly as that. Now I see you had a agenda ...to bad

22. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I didn't see it as abusing anything.. it was a creative way to get a chuckle.
    A little levity is always a good thing.. being too serious about everything will make ya old.

#22 Ludes, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    Jade of Sonoma and kRUXCg7 like this.
  23. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

and FYI

This is a quote from misk
    "This change was actually a fix for an error in the runic crafting code that had previously been identified and then later confirmed when Phoenix was working on the runic reforging system.

The team has discussed this issue and due to the fact that this issue had been around for so long as well as based on the feedback from players it has been decided to revert this damage increase change back to the original 35% value (not including any arms lore bonus).

This should be resolved in a future publish."

Crafting - Runic Hammers giving 20%+Lore bonus DI, not 35%+ | Stratics: A Career Path in Gaming

24. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think you'll find different Dev's focus on different things Theo. You wouldnt expect an artist to engineer a bit of software same as you wouldnt expect a steward to attempt open heart surgery.

I dont see any way of abusing the bones either, if people are stupid enough to pay multi millions of gold for something that they can do easilly themselves.. more fool them. And yeah it does show the state and focus of the game, its alot more active than we've had for some time.

Oh ya, a FYI here... the publish after this coming one will be a bug fix publish, so figure IF its a bug then it'll get fixed THEN! Its not like its an important issue anyway tbh.

25. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Good to hear we are getting a bug fix release - however some of these bugs should never have seen the light of day as they were reported on Test Center and Origin before main publish. Any sort of serious QA would find this stuff.
    If it is a decision to revert runic behavior to something from 7 years ago - fine - but publish it in the release notes.

Its too bad that most of the UO team left was not around for all these crafting changes and the systems are completely borked now - its frustrating to see changes made with no regard for the history. Bring back Sunsword, Hanse, Patrick(Leurocian) and the others......

The 35% DI was added to runics b/c it was simply a cripple to runics and the 35% EX non runic vs 20% runic did NOT make anyone use non-runic crafted items.

26. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah but that person underestimated Mesanna. She will seek him out and make his death long and painful.

27. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well... next time try to get her name right, for a start... :D

(it's not Messanna, it's Mesanna, freak!)

28. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Created this char and was lucky enough to get a set of bones...

Check it out:

[​IMG]

:danceb: Uh huh, that's right... Uh huh...

#28 startle, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    Rhiannon likes this.
  29. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

While I'm well aware and share your sentiment that they really should be "fixed" before ever going live or leaving Origin since that is indeed the whole purpose of those shards..... I must say this.... There is a new Producer in Town not sure you've heard its Mesanna and while she may be aware of mistakes made in the past and allowed to continue I'm hoping and believing in her that things like what has been done in the past are not going to continue on her watch.

Having chatted with her on a number of occasions I seriously get the sense that she has taken note of things she felt were done by Producers in the past that she wasn't particularly fond of and I believe she means not to do that sort of same ole same ole rhetoric... but I'm sure she could say that herself if she wanted... But I'm just saying you SHOULD NOT pin judgement on the current team for sins of the past.

Lady Tia likes this.
  30. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Agreed here but allow to maintain some skepticism until proven otherwise. Scars of too many failed promises whereas the benefit of the doubt is hard to give.

Patrick (Leurocian) earned my loyalty by actually listening and fixing a couple dozen crafting bugs/issues reported to him that were serious issues to creating items (bunch of stuff that was reported in the ML beta). The frustration that continues even here in this thread, is the facination/focus over deco/dyes/giveaways and so little on game mechanic issues (crafting, speedhacking, UI problems etc). Too much distraction over the shiny objects.....

I'll be watching intently for the release notes for the 'bug fix' publish.

31. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I been having no luck with players getting on chat when they find bones to give to that player by name. I have a character named X-Wife. Seems to be a huge fan fair for me to get on and slit her throat over and over.

32. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Yea, like they played no part.....

Just sayin......
    :loser:

33. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Don't know what shard your on. But on LS players have been giving the plain bones they fine to the named player. Smokey is another cool name for getting "Smokey's Bones" Then there is a shard's main crafters that players like to see in the graveyards for bones chance. Don't forget those mighty Lords of the Chat channel who's bones make great door mats to wipe your feet on walking into the house. Aramid even tossed her bones into the ring. The rare colored bones are far and few and hope to get more for trading.

AirmidCecht likes this.
  34. Dixie of Chesapeake

Dixie of Chesapeake Journeyman

lol well i was gonna make Crusty Mesanna Bone's ..........lol everything Mesanna is unacceptable now.......but i have Mesanna As's Bones....thats another funny cute one someone made

35. MalagAste

GL's has a Bone Collection station located outside Yew Gate Trammel for folk to drop off bones and hopefully them to get back into the rightful players hands..... we even have a place to hold colored bones to personally give to players the list of colored bones are on the bulletin board.... located inside.

http://gl.uorpc.net/glnews.php#newsitemEFuAkkuEVZmuibfZje

Rhiannon likes this.