1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

halloween deco compition - idea?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by feath, Aug 20, 2008.

1. feath

feath Guest

i chose halloween because its the closest holidays coming up - if it goes off well, maybe we can have a thanksgiving (for the americans), and christmas one as well?

here's the idea.

Say, from sep 1-sep 30th, everyone creates NEW halloween decorations. no bats, witches, ect - nothing thats been done before....or perhaps, created in different aspects.

on oct 1st, everyone posts a screen shot of their new deco.

everyone in the community votes for the 'best', as they see it. or perhaps 3 rounds - top 10, then top 5, then top 3.

prizes will be given out to the top 3 winning ideas, and ALL the ideas can go into a holiday sticky, for future deco'ing ideas.

what do you think?

2. sligachan

sligachan Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hey thats a great idea :danceb:

However i think that maybe yourself and Sarsmi and a few others should only be able to use youghurt cartons, empty coke cans, toilet rolls and loose string in your constructions to make it a level playing field :D

3. feath

feath Guest

be careful what you wish for! Coke cans and loose string!? :heart: can you imagine what sarsmi could do with that?

4. Ni-

Ni- Guest

She's like the MacGyver of decorating, huh?

5. sligachan

sligachan Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, revised it to only Easter Island Statues and Phillips wooden steeds :D

6. feath

feath Guest

...hum... you know, i could do something with that.... but not for halloween heh.

what i'd give for an egg crate!

and sarsmi's sneeky. give her a deco tool, enough time and enough junk and she could make anything.

7. SOUNDS awesome to me let us know if its a go ahead as I have a guild with a few keen decorators who I know would love to compete.

8. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

While we are on the Halloween theme, I'd say she is closer to what would result if MacGyver's DNA got crossed with Martha Stewart's in those defective teleportation thingies in The Fly...just plain scary. :D

-Skylark

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think I'm quite the martinet that martha stewart is. But I'm definitely secksey like richard dean anderson *swoon*. :p

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Good lord, that would be awful. With a large enough area and enough steeds and statues...naw, I'd go insane first. :eek:

11. Ashyn

Ashyn Guest

Aww I sux at halloween decor. :(

12. Ashyn

Ashyn Guest

But...if the top Winner is on Pac....I volunteer to donate a gift there!

*Rummages thru her stuff to find something suitable*

13. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Oh, sounds fun. I'd give it a go if it happens, even though I'm almost positive I'd lose. But at least it would keep my mind off rebuilding my house for about a month :D

14. So is it happening is someone hosting and organizing is they is they is they??????

15. feath

feath Guest

Sounds like there's enough interest to me - so, yes, this is a go! whoot! it'll be so much fun! :danceb:

i'll set up some basic rules today, and post them.

16. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

LOL...no worries, I was referring to her decorative abilities & precision only, which are likely lurking in her genes...not her uh...charming...personality. :D

-Skylark

17. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: