1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Halloween Stealing.

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Shqiptar, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Shqiptar

Shqiptar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

So I have stolen two masks so far tailing people in Felucca fields.

Make sure to get next to them while they kill the pumpkin monster. Then if they take a mask go for the steal. I've noticed that they insure them as quick as possible so have nimble fingers.

2. Shqiptar

Shqiptar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

More info:

Most people (on ATL at least) seem to have taken precautions to prevent thefts. They will hide bags behind items in their backpacks. These bags are where they put the masks they loot. If you used Enhanced Client you can use the grid backpack option to circumvent this. If you are using old style backpacks on EC (I do) or you are using the Classic Client just look hard. A part of the backpack will be visible even if it is just a corner. Find it and double click it to reveal the contents.

3. Vyal

Vyal Guest

What fields in Fel? Where is the event, I never bother with this stuff.

4. Shqiptar

Shqiptar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Any field where pumpkins spawn. Like in Yew, or west of Britain. I'll post some pics later to show.

5. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

It takes just about anyone 1 minute to kill a pumpkin.

And as a thief I cannot think of what type of joy you get following someone for 30 mins to a hour for one mask that you yourself could have gotten in 1 minute. Is the ONE mask you have in you home now, so much awesomer than the 30 the other guys getting, somehow compare???

The ONLY thing you, the thief, gets out of this is knowing you have somehow upset another player. You know the answer if you have to stand there and inform the other player of your theft, waiting joyously for a possible rant. Seriously people???? Based on the PvP forum this is in that has to be your only reason for doing what your doing, right?

6. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Why you getting all aggro for someone playing the game? Its Fel, theres a thievery skill.. so people are using it. Dont want to risk it being stolen? Dont go to fel.