1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

HALLOWEEN

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Infiniti, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

Are we going to have trick or treating this year? I hope so.:D

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If we do, I'm going in costume this year.

3. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

Me too...as Lady Godiva. I usually die so much it's not worth dressing. LOL :hahaha:

4. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Would be nice to get one of the costume robes from test several years ago on production shards.. one per account would be fine even I think.

5. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i hope so too!

6. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

i hope so too in my opinion i think they should give us Halloween decorated deeded and non deeded items like spider webs, vampire bats, coffins, jack-o-lanterns, mummies, ghost, werewolves
    , vampires, blood stains, body parts, scare crows etc etc . heck we get Christmas deeded and non deeded items as gifts so why not some Halloween gifts too?

7. Moonstar

Moonstar Guest

spider webs and some other decoratiosn would be awesome for a halloween gift .

If they wont gift box it.. it would be cool to have a chance of getting one through trick or treating

8. Gideon1016

Gideon1016 Guest

Please hand out robes of spookiness again.........

9. Finch

Finch Guest

how about some tombstones too. I have always wanted to do a graveyard in the front yard, tombstones would be awesome. Tried using fragmented soulstones, but the color just throws them off.

10. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You can already get Tombstones. Do some Monstrous interred Grizzle runs.

11. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

Spider webs, candy corn, the lil candy pumpkins...maybe a lil bat statue? Although rare collectors will hate that spider web idea.:coco: Hope they do something fun, love Halloween.

12. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I would love spider webs, and maybe a new chocolate candy we can make with our chefs.

Keep the great ideas coming maybe they will consider doing some of them. :D

13. feath

feath Guest

I've been living the Halloween dream already! Haven't you guys seen this?

14. Kingshore Dad

Kingshore Dad Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

why? i think there are more graphic designs then just that one they only have to use another one ^^ and rare collectors will love it ;)

15. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have one of the rare spider webs and would love to see more of them for deco!! I also agree, I want to do trick or treating again!! It's a blast!! My girls get on and rack up the candy lol. My Beggar GM'd during last years celebration. Maybe I should start another....hmm maybe not.

Ori

16. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

No objection here. I just remember when the nest with eggs came out for spring cleaning and the threads that were filled with complaints on the rares forum. "Shrugs" ...youve got my vote.:)

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I would totally love spiderwebs... as well as some other goodies. Like a mini spider... would love to have a spider statue...

And I totally hope we get more begging!..... trick or treating!... Things I totally look forward to now!

[​IMG]

18. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Having missed previous few years Halloween festivities in UO, I can remember at one stage there was a shard opened up that was entirely Halloween/spooky based.

Living in Australia I didnt get to enjoy it overly, as the lag was terrible, has it been something like this in the last few years?

Im only reading positive replies, so it seems it was pretty popular.

19. maybe over run a town with spookiness and stuff as well....its all fun I love in game events so bring on the halloween one.

20. Katlene

Katlene Guest

A cloak of disguise. When put on will randomly turn you into a monster of any variety until taken off

21. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

That means we can't have it. Its too uber and all that.

22. Finch

Finch Guest

guess I have been living in a cave. Didn't know you could get those that way. I'll have to give it a go, what is the best char. to use?

23. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yes you can but only a select few!.... There are MANY more tombstones that you CAN'T get from Grizzled.

24. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I would love to see some of these items added for all of us to use. I found this pic from several years ago. I *think* it was for possible vet rewards at one time. Course we've gotten (or are getting in the case of the cacti) a few of these. Wouldn't it be great to have the webs in the top of the pic? [​IMG]

25. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The production shard version has had a lot of what was originally on that shard.

There is trick or treating like everyone talks about. You get to go around begging to NPCs and they either give you candy, a rare item (last year it was food items), or play tricks on you (such as turning you into a monster, making you ooze blood as you walk, getting hit with like every sound effect in game as you walk (that's a riot and a half lol), or killing you).

Pumpkins spawn in the fields throughout the lands - the first year they spawned with developers names on them. Last year, when you picked them up, they would have your name on them (and have the chance to turn a rare black color after being picked up).

There is also some combat content I believe - I didn't play that part last year so can't comment on it overly much, except to say the first year it was out, it was spawns in the graveyard (vesper I guess, not sure about the others), that sort of acted like a champ spawn - and at that time you could get cool items off the spawn (like these black or orange lanterns, or black or orange ghoul statues).

Think that's all that came to production shards as I recall - overall it was/is a really really fun time of year.

(and let me vote that yeah, I'd love if we'd get some cute/creepy deco items through trick or treating)

26. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

Great Pic Flora. Really shows the haunted house look with those spiderwebs!

27. Kingshore Dad

Kingshore Dad Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

i´d love to see some new skeletons. like sitting in a chiar with an arrow in its chest or a sword stuck from behind, maybe a little skull with an axe in it? or something? :love:

28. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A ranged character is probably best, though it's hard to solo I suggest a group of a few people.
    http://www.uoguide.com/Monstrous_Interred_Grizzle

29. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

ya might be referring to the Shard of the Dead? looked kinda like fun, but I got touched by one of the undead things and couldn't seem to stay alive after that, it just drained my health away :D

trick-or-treating was the best, even when you got blown up, and all the little treats were just outstanding..

30. Mr Fix It

Mr Fix It Guest

love this idea if we get christmas gidts why not halloween gifts too?

31. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

I think we will have Trick or Treat, we have had it for the past 2 years. "Crosses fingers"

32. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

I would much rather they do stuff on our own shards. I only went to the shard of the dead twice.

I hope they change what we get from trick or treating this year. If I remember right we had to complain last year before they did.

33. MalagAste

Well we could always start by giving them ideas...... Such as we could always get colored corn. ..... Pixie sticks... and green apples....

34. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

Pixie Sticks!:thumbsup: and candy corn plzzz:D

35. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

What they will do is rehue and rename an item for these so we need to look around and see what the best item would be to use for candy corn and pixie sticks.

I wouldn't want it to be pig iron renamed for the pixie sticks.

36. Sheridan

Sheridan Guest

The small wedges of cheese hued orange would work for the candy corn.

[​IMG]

37. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

That would work :thumbsup:

38. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

Maybe use a crossbow bolt for the pixie sticks

39. /signed for costumes!

I wouldn't mind getting a rehued undyable gm robe or even labled costume sets =p

EDIT:

even a better idea.. Make us trick or treat for costume set pieces (vampire, samurai, ninja, pirate etc) :D

40. What about

1) A jack o lantern the same size as say a cauldron with an engraved face and it can actually light up like a lantern.

2) A vampire cloak with up turned colour maybe red lining and black back.

3) A mummy or skeleton statue

4) Another undead invasion with rewards or costume pieces as loot on the monsters.

And the spiders webs are an awesome idea as well they add to the whole creepy feel.

41. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

must have...vamp cloak...

42. Crow

Crow Guest

Scare Crows?!?! EEEEK!!!

I say let reds run loose in tram for a week around halloween, that would be awesome, lol

43. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

Some of these things would be easy to do. I hope they listen. :D

44. Siabra

Siabra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I loved halloween last year that was sooooooooo much fun - rotfl even dying wasn't so bad :p

45. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

I was thinking about Halloween at work today and what I think would be cool to add this year is having our exploded body parts named ( Infiniti's arm, etc.) and be able to pick them up. That would make an awesome house deco. :D

46. yanaki2

yanaki2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

old body parts used to be named, it would be nice, but a few people who consider them rare might get upset...

47. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

i want draconis head ^^

48. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think they removed the body parts due to the Teen Rating.

I really wish we would get back to the M rating.

49. Perhaps Magencia could be haunted and to get it back to its rightful state we have to kill off all the undead.

50. MalagAste

NOW THAT is the best Idea I've heard so far!!!! (Save the spiders and spider webs!)... Anyway I'd love to be able to "Save" or rebuild Magincia...

[​IMG]