1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lumberjacking] HALP!!!

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Danse, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Danse

Danse Guest

Ok..I am a GM lumberjack...I have terroized every tree I can get close enough too, and no Frostwood (I have Mel's hot pink axe too) and still no frost...any help here would be GREATLY appreciated....:)sad4:*dismounts from blue bug and BEGS!!!)

2. ianubisi

ianubisi Guest

Ironically, I have plenty of Frostwood and absolutely no Bloodwood :)

3. Danse

Danse Guest

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Well, maybe I do not choose the right place to cut. I have whacked almost every tree in Malas and Ilish...the trees tremble at my approach...still no Frost.

Time to scare the ones in Fel and Tram to death, heh?:eek:

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just repeat the same area over and over again and you should get some frostwood.

5. Danse

Danse Guest

Thank you!!!

I FINALLY got a few logs...so I KNOW that they are not a figment of my imagination...but I will try that! :)

6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Once you find some good trees just keep going back to them until it changes. Sometimes it will remain that type of wood for a long time and then sometimes I've only been able to get one or two trips in before it turns to something else.

7. BajaKurgan

BajaKurgan Guest

What's considered a "good tree" in terms of lumber produced now days?

8. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

'Good' today means the quality of the wood. So probably blood-/frost- and heartwood is mostly rare. Since different woods have different effects on crafted items you usually dont need that many of those rare woods. (Except for donating them to the library or museum.)

9. BajaKurgan

BajaKurgan Guest

Since any tree can spawn any type of wood I was wondering more along the lines of what would be a "good tree" in terms of the amount of lumber produced?

I remember in the old days you could find a "good tree" and chop on it for 100's sometimes 1000's of logs.

Do these trees still exist today?

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

there are still good trees that will produce a lot not sure about exact counts but way over normal still have to get them when they are spawning good wood I hit one tree near delucia and came away with almost 400 frost wood couple weeks back I have not been back as i stoned the lumberjack skill

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I have a book of "40+ choppers", trees I can hit at least 40 times in a row. They are all jungle trees (some jungle trees you can't chop, but those you can give lots of wood it seems).