1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hanging baskets

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by SchezwanBeefy, Apr 23, 2010.

1. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've been working really hard to create a hanging basket but I'm having a tough time. Does anyone have ideas to throw my way? :confused:
    I've been trying with these but failed. I want a use out of my rubble hanger, darn it!
    [​IMG]

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

[​IMG]

tomato soup bowl (I ate the soup :) ) a bola, head of lettuce, onion, hanging flower and turnip.... just play with things til they look right

I've tried to use different things with those hangers and most don't line up right.... lots of finaglin' to get a lantern to look kinda decent

3. deadlysandwich

deadlysandwich Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

This seems to work with hangers facing either direction. It's just a bola raised as high as it will go, snowdrop flowers underneath, then a dye tub on the bottom for the planter.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There are lots of baskets that can be crafted now, are any of those any help? A winnowing basket perhaps?
    (Basket weaving)

5. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

Oh my goodness, Perfect!!

Thank you everyone for your ideas! :heart::heart::heart:

6. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

Okay, here's my rendition. How do you guys think it looks?
    My one and only problem is that it doesn't go as tall as I would like it to, so I might try the pulley rubble. =]

[​IMG]

7. deadlysandwich

deadlysandwich Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Love the yellow flowers! If the pulley doesn't work, try stacking crates or something underneath to get the height you want.

8. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

looks great :)
    use the goza mat trick to get the bola up higher.

9. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

=[ Goza Mats fall through the stairs.

10. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

For things on the outside of my house on stairs I use the small tables to make them higher.

11. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

need to use the old ones with the border. i just placed one on my castle steps or it might be the wooden stairs why the goza mat falls to the ground

12. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

People have alwatys told me to do this but whenever I take out the tables or crates in the past, whatever I'm stacking for just falls. So, hm... I will try it later when I can find some crates!

13. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Place a trash barrel on the steps with "i wish to place a trash barrel" command, double click goza and target the trash barrel, chop the trash barrel away, goza will place on top of steps and you can raise it. Same 'trick' used when wanting to place gozas on top of internal staircases in keeps and castles.

14. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

Thank you for this! I will definitely try! =]

15. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can always double click a goza mat, target yourself, and it will fall to your feet. If it's on steps sometimes you can't see it cause it falls lower than visible, just toggle circle trans on and raise it up.

16. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

=[ Stupid gozas didn't get them high enough either. *Sigh*

17. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

To get things higher you can use tables, but to be able to stack more tables you have to be standing higher. Compare it to real life, lets say you wanted to put something on your roof. Well you can't reach your roof from the ground, but if you were standing on some steps or a ladder you woud be able to reach. So you can use a ladder or goza mats to stand higher and be able to place things. This works for stacking tables as well. You can only stack three of them then they are too high, but if you stand higher up you can stack more on top of them, which allows you to place things on the tables much higher.

Stand on a ladder next to your work area (east or west facing one tile away from steps), stack four tables and drop the stuff on the tables. You can also use a goza elevator to raise yourself high enough to place things high (this is why I recommend using a ladder). So you need to place a goza, raise it up 2 times, place another goza next to it and raise it up by four. Walk on the 2 high goza then the 4 high goza. Raise the 2 high goza 4 more times, step on it. Raise the other goza 4 more times, etc. This way you can lift yourself up in the air. Once you are high enough you can drop things and they will be able to get high enough. So you would stack 4 tables or so and put the item on the top table, then remove the second highest table, then the rest of the tables.

If you weren't next to the step I'd just recommend using a ladder to do it all - you can stand on a ladder, place a trash barrel up in the air, then put all the stuff you need in the barrel and axe it and the ladder.

I should just do a picture tutorial about high stacking. My image server is down right now though, need to get my husband on that.

18. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

19. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

Thank you everyone for your help with this
    I'm still having difficulties, however. =[ So if there is anyone who'd be willing to jump onto Pac to help me, I would be ever so grateful. I'm willing to even pay for your time. Please PM me or reply here and we can set something up. =]

20. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'll help, shoot me a PM if you still need someone to come out.