1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Hanging Lantern

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by brattielocks, Jul 31, 2008.

1. brattielocks

brattielocks Guest

I found a box in my house. In it is one hanging lantern that weighs 255 stones and cannot be removed from the box. Anyone know anything about this?

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think those boxed items were created a long while ago.
    Back then, if you placed a box on a non pickable item close to serverdown, the item would have been in the box after serverup and was takeable this way.
    If you axe the box you´ll get the item out of it, but I think it will never vanish.

3. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Also, the item will most likely be stuck in the same spot you axed the box, unmovable. GM's may or may not delete these items on sight. Trade at your own risk.

4. they sell between 3-5m

5. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

GM's will delete them.

6. GM didnt delete my 2 story statue in the box. Infact, he helped me get it back in and said when I wish to replace, axe the box :thumbsup:

7. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

GMs do not delete them, unless you place them at a bothersome location and sometimes if you request them to.
    I know several museums that have items like these axed in/outside the house and GMs do not touch them.

8. Wraith One

Wraith One Guest

I'm not sure what GM's can and are allowed to do, but I just recently witnessed the destruction of an event item that has the same property. "Most Fastest Puzzle Solver" Statue on a particular shard was deleted simply due to the nature that the statue was the same as the lantern. Could not be moved. In the GM's own words said "This item is not to be owned by players." I found that to be hilarious considering it was an event item.