1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Happy 4th? Not if you live on this shard

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Zelda of Zed, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelda of Zed

Zelda of Zed Guest

I was really bummed to see that "THEM" was going to running 4th events. I really wish UO would by pass these, since we know our shard is the bastage shard, that feels like Oliver, saying "please sir i want some more." Or at least again what i have said since "THEM" started and to get what the other shards get. Make it a spawn or something, we seem to get in more on that, and we can trust the spawn will spawn.

I guess my question will be.. will this be another easter event.. and should we all be looking at other shards where we might have some fun. just asking!!!! We all know the track record on our shard. lets keep our fingers crossed, that "THEM' do their job this time.
    (this is where our new 'THEM' will shine, or fall on their face...)

Yeah i know i am holloring before i am hurt... but if we dont stand up and say something. It will be easter again, and will be sitting at the bank, going.. what... we dont get nothing!!! Hey its Cheesy.. we make our own fun!

Z....
    (and you thought my title was a joke)

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I can't think of an appropriate response to that whining that wouldn't get me another infraction.

3. I normally find posts by you as unpleasant as you find those written by me, but this was perhaps the funniest thing I've read all morning.

4. Jordy

Jordy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've always found the hit and miss manner in which all video games handle "holiday" events amusing. Woooo Easter event.......but what if you're not Christian? Wooooo 4th of July.......what if you're not American? Wooooo Halloweeen......ummmmm yea, anyway, think you get the point. WoW did at least stretch "holiday" events over a few day to a couple week period and water them down to tie them loosely into the lore rather than focused on a RL holiday, but they still always coincided with the same holiday.

Why not come up with some celebrations that tie to the lore of the game (Lord Brittish's birthday or something) and hold them at non-RL-significant times?

5. longshanks

longshanks Guest

Zelda has a valid point. Maybe the EM should sit at her auction house and see the time and effort she puts in to running a first class auction on this shard. I'm not talking about the actual auction time either, rather the EM should show up at her house a day prior to witness the preparation that goes into it.

To Lynk.

If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it. You only play on this shard when Lox ask's you to hold his coat anyway so your opinion holds no water.

To Jordy,

Nothing wrong with celebrating an actual American Holiday, I mean it only reflects the countries independence from Tyranny. Far different from Xmas or another religious holiday. Don't be so PC, its so 90's.

The game does celebrate its own heritage anyway. Its called veteran rewards.

6. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Loximous "Robin Williams" Prime's entire upper body is covered in manly chest hair. He has no need for a coat. So assuming I would hold one for him is just rediculous.

Side Note: Did you know he shaves his chest with a lawn mower?

7. Saris

Saris Guest

the 4th of July.. Independence from oppression, sound like a good holiday to me, even if your not american.

it don't have to be the american independence day in game, substitute it for what ever, instant uo holiday eg....The Independence of Sosaria from Mondain,

8. Jordy

Jordy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not saying that there's anything WRONG with the 4th of July or Independence Day, I'm just saying that it would be nice to have celebrations in game that stand on their own merit. It would also keep said holiday celebrations from falling on days when many people are not near their computer and are unable to participate because they are out celebrating the RL holiday. /shrug Just my opinion.

9. There are a lot of "dates" from Ultima Online lore that could be incorporated into holiday type stuff.. a few off the top of my head:

1. Death of Mondain, Minax, Exodus.
    2. Day of Lord British's liberation from prison with the Shadowlords
    3. Magencia's original fall.
    4. Day or mourning for when Trammel was created. =P

Surely there are others, but that is a starting point.

10. longshanks

longshanks Guest

TMI bro, TMI. I was gonna speak of you holding another piece of his clothing but I wasnt into an infraction either. From your comment though I think we can all imagine what piece of clothing that is :gee:

*High Five*

To Helter:

Day of mourning for trammel for Tram's creation. Now that's funny. :thumbup1:

11. Such a good idea.

12. Zelda of Zed

Zelda of Zed Guest

13. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'm sorry, I don't really get what you're trying to insinuate. You need to work on your communication skills.

14. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

I laughed.

15. Bombastic Fail

Bombastic Fail Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

16. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

LMAO!