1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Campers? -Camping Changes-

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Xalan Dementia, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ok so camping is about useless now, how bout we liven it up. theres 6 special wood types, why not 6 special kindling types? each with thier own effect.
    When special kindling is used all friendlies within the fire range will be granted temporary buffs. 6 kinds
    -hp regen boost
    -mp regen boost
    -stam regen boost
    -str boost
    -int boost
    -dex boost
    or any other type of buff thatd be balanced. we could see groups huddling around a campfire before entering a peerless or champ.
    what do you think?

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

not a bad idea. Sounds kinda cool, something the RP'ers would really enjoy.

3. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Too funny!

That would actually be quite amusing, maybe rank it by 1regen per 25points to a max of 5regen(gain a 1bonus for gm).

That way cant JOAT the boanus regen :p

4. Bara

Bara Guest

I was talking with my friends about camping, and we don't see a reason why they can't add back the old school tents that gm campers used to be able to make. If anything, it would be fun for rp'ers and who knows, mabey someone will find a use for having camping (on a crafter/gatherer, perhaps?).

5. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I like your idea. Camping needs some love. :thumbsup:

6. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

How about this use for camping, at expert or gm when you set up camp it alows you to have a forge and anvil near where you are mining. completely temporary. You could disasemble it and reassemble it in another location. While your camp it is up you could have a secure location to store ore and ingots untill you were ready to move on. Or this could be a new template The Prospector. Blacksmithing, Tinkering, Mining, Fiighting skills and camping.

7. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I like this idea! :)

Also would love to see the tents again...lots of ideas surely for those.

Perhaps setting up camp with a tent could provide benefit as a healing station, giving bonuses to regen rates as well as damage healed by the healing and vet skill.

Just had another thought....tents could be great for those that play multiple shards if players were allowed a tent on another shard, in addition to their house on the main shard. It could provide a few lockdowns for deco and one or two secures.

8. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

GM Camping has always been useless...

and I see this being abused by soul stones. (whoever commented about JoaT)

9. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

I have to disagree about camping being useless. Camping has helped me avoid 3 ganks now...and thats just with the jack of all trades skill.

There are no other skills out there that allow your to insta log in the middle of a gank...

10. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Abused? Wut are you talking about? This skill works fine @ 20 skill...it just takes longer. No need for soulstones involved.

11. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Actually, DAoC has implemented something similar. You can get special drops that can be used for faster mana regen rate. to avoid abuse, they have it set so that when you're combat-flagged, it doesn't work (so no standing there fighting mobs while you get super-fast regen). They're called tinder boxes, and something similar could be used. Maybe something carpentry-craftable? Uses special wood, craftable tinderboxes?

12. Fink

Fink Guest

A little proposal I did a while back:

..other camping stuff..

13. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*morns the long-lost archive of ideas den threads*

Personally i would be tickled if "camping a spawn" could be enhanced using the camping skill :)

(eg: set a fire and get a luck bonus as long as you're within range ... or a blackrock firepit that infects spawn within range)

14. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Maybe the Devs could code in Cannabis Kindling, then we could burn that weekly in a random Town Square??? no?

15. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The idea of setting a match to Frostwood is just wrong on so many levels.

16. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

frostwood fire = air conditioner ? :)

17. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

Finks write up is pretty good, thatd be an easy addition thatd bring life to the skill.

18. Now Fink that sounds like an idea my beggar can live with.

19. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I meant... IF what the OP is proposing goes through.

Stone camping after you get the bonus you want and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

20. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

could make it so the effects disappear if the camper loses skill or logs out, so that way the camper would have stay in the action. im sure itd need regulating on where it can be done and how long the effects last. it would be neat to have all the fighters at a champ camped by shrine with thier buffs from camp, then have raiders come in and destroy the camp :p

21. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I like the ideas presented for camping, but I definitely would lean towards something that benefits a group. It's the whole, "keep the guy around who can keep us warm and feed us hot food" type of thing.

22. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

LOL that's crazy. What did you do, just plop a kindle down near the yew crypts, run back and log out? ;P. And I thought tele-hiding was funky.

I like the OP idea, but you just have to make sure it is balanced out with all the other ways to get buffs right now like the necklaces from 10th ann dungeons set, the ankh pendants. I don't really think people suddenly need like 25 MR, I mean, sure, there are hard caps in place...well, I guess if the caps are in place then that would be fine ;/. I just foresee adverse affects in Fel haha but, eh, f-it :).

Go camping!

23. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I always thought it would be a good idea to combine tracking and camping into a new skill called "Survival" or something similar, give it addition as were mentionioned above (fires, cauldrons, logs to sit on, tents, etc) and the ability to forage on different land types for different resources like vines, regs, other various herbs and plants... So it would take one completly useless skill, and one very limited skill and make them a new fairly desirable skill.