1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Eleventh Birthday, PaxLair

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Terence Duff, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Terence Duff

Terence Duff Guest

Just a quick "Happy Birthday" to the oldest player-run community on Chesapeake, PaxLair!

2. D.Blackmoore

D.Blackmoore Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Aye a hearty "Happy Anniversary" to the folks of Paxlair and its surrounding communities. Regretfully I was unable to attend the first two days of events but managed to join the crew in Paxlair last night for a great orcish night of events including the ice walk (which i actually won woot!) and some "clompin" as the mayor may call it inside the old Paxlair dueling arena. Big thanks for a great night of fun and hopefully eleven more years of community in Paxlair. Here's a couple screenies from the action last night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Rikimaru_Vegeta Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Is there events going on all this week? If so could you post whats going on what day... I will pay a toll to Pax tonight and see what is going on.. does anyone know who of Pax is still around?

4. Morpheus Mardox

Morpheus Mardox UO Chesapeake News Manager
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Tonight will be the final evening of events, heres the schedule my apologies on this not being on our forums as I only found out last eve this was goin on.

PaxLair Statehood - January 15, 2009
    The 11th Anniversary of PaxLair Celebration starts on January 16th and concludes on January 19th. PaxLair was founded on January 19, 1998 in a quiet meadow west of the crossroads of Yew, Minoc, and Britain and the Compassion Shrine on Felucca.
    PaxLair, now a Statehood of three cities, continues to be a vibrant community of several races of beings like humans, elves, orcs, and savages. The three cities are PaxLair City (Felucca), Dragons Watch (Felucca), and PaxOku (Tokuno). PaxLair's tenets of Peace, Neutrality, and Role-playing continue to guide the community through the years.
    Annually, PaxLair runs a celebration to honor people and ideas of the past, present, and future. This 11th Anniversary is no exception. Each city sponsors a day of the celebration to hold events.
    The 11th PaxLair Anniversary Schedule is as follows.:
    Friday, January 16 - Dragons Watch Day - (Gates are provided from the Skara Brae Bank, Trammel (near the bank))
    9 PM ET - Darts, Archery, Vorpal Bunnies
    12 AM ET midnight (Jan 17) - Event
    Saturday, January 17 - PaxOku Day - (Proceed to the Homare-jima, Tokuno moongate and head NE up the road into PaxOku)
    3 PM ET - City Play "Neo's Day Out in 1997" - new Yew Playhouse - gates from PaxOku Blue Light Tavern
    7 PM ET - Crafters Hall Event (repairs, goods, conversation)
    7 PM ET - Tour of PaxOku and Kijustsu Anei
    8 PM ET - Capture PaxOku (alliance PVP for Capture the Flag type rules) - postponed
    9:30 PM ET - Savage Hunt at Tokuno Champ Spawn
    Sunday, January 18 - PaxLair City Day - (Gates are provided from the Skara Brae Bank, Trammel (near the bank))
    7 PM ET - Event
    8 PM ET - Event
    Monday, January 19 - Statehood Day - (Gates are provided from the Skara Brae Bank, Trammel (near the bank))
    7 PM ET - Dragons Watch Tour led by Mayor NANOC
    9 PM ET - Anniversary Dinner prepared by Lenora - PaxLair City, Felucca
    Statehood Speech by Governor Winfield
    10 PM ET - Capture PaxOku (alliance PVP for Capture the Flag type rules)
    Everyone is welcome at the PaxLair Anniversary!

5. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Happy Birthday, PaxLair! :)

6. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aye happy birthday anniversary PaxLair..........of course come THIS APRIL I do hope I will not fall hook line and sinker for ye April Fool's day joke like I fell for it last year..................ya bout gave me cardiac arrests, as I raced to the city to mourn the loss of that twr and all the history of this shard... that was of course.........STILL STANDING. lol

7. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper

Hate to rain on the parade but Paxlair was abandoned when tram came out. The shops have been empty and non one is ever around there anymore. The only building of the town still standing are the blessed ones.

8. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well arent you a party poop or what.

9. It's as "abandoned" as any place in UO because there are a lot fewer players these days. Sure there arent a dozen or so people all night every day, but then nowhere else is that way either except for friggin Luna. So many returning players come to Brit bank to find it deserted with that "last man on Earth" feeling that they think UO is completely dead.

Pax is still alive and has multiple locales throughout the realm. They rotate their events and meetings through each location, including Fel. Two nights ago for the 11th annviersary celebration it was teeming with people.

The fact they are celebrating 11 years, UO just a few months older in it's entirety, is a testament to Pax's enduring nature and spirit of community.

10. Sean

Sean Slightly Crazed

Thanks Tancred!

Zippy your misinformed. PaxLair is very much alive and well. SO much so that King Casca even showed for dinner at PaxLair 11th Anniversary dinner.