In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jade of Sonoma, Dec 31, 2013.
May the New Year 2014 be a HAPPY YEAR for Everyone! CHEERS and Best Wishes to all !!
Hi my friends this is a list to let the dev know what we the players of UO would like to see happen. Now dont be outragious or make too grandious a request. Lets go for simple things we all can use to be done or added.
My list is:
1. Making BoD books 1 lockdown and hold 500 bods per
2. Make changes to the BoD gifts menu.. rotating in new items with the old.
3. Make a change to the houseing menu allowing a style/color of homes that are in place for a different stone or paint color (palet can be a set group of colors) ie: sandstone or house can be green this is example only.
4. Opening up of stable storage for all players or at the very least add a few more slots.
5. Non Combat pets to count as 1 slot. & make the chicken coop hold other birds and more then 3 stored.
Now add yours !
2.return of old players
4.return of old players
Gelukkig Nieuwjaar,Happy New Year,Glückliches neues Jahr,Bonne année.
Gott Nytt År!!
Garo Idhrinn Eden Veren!
#1 new players
#2 stop dupers
#3 stop griefers
#4 stop scripters
#5 stop exploiters
Happy New Yr from the East Coast
Oi.... this is tough...
1. Better communication for starters.
2. Improve the Governor program. Nice concept... but it's sadly lacking A LOT. Seems to me that it has the potential like the EM program to be great..... however that's all it has. As it is, it's nothing more than a glorified title and sadly waste of gold for the poor suckers (like me) who feel that they are needing to do something for the community because of the RP aspects.
3. Finish the EC. Bring it out of beta and finally fix it. Finish the work on high res updates. Put some serious effort into making it a top priority. If it were more functional and worked better it just might get more backers. If we could switch the majority to using it we could finally perhaps move out of the dark ages and get some REAL improvements into game and lose the dinosaur holding UO back and allowing so many cheats.
4. Give us the missing tiles for housing. Go to each housing tile set and complete it. Seriously shouldn't be that hard. Fix the elven tiles to not look horrible. Nice concept but the art is just not finished. Put in doors and floors as well as roofs for the Gothic and Rustic theme packs. Give us 5 new Castle Designs and redesign the Keep so it can make use of the empty area's you can't reach. LONG overdue.
5. Tamable update. Fix current tameables to make them more usable. Want us to quit using nothing but greater dragons give us a worthy alternative. Also make Dread Spiders, Black Widow Spiders and Fairy Dragons tameable.... Add in Tigers to the lands... Elephants? Camels? Gryphons? Bring back the Dread Warhorse and Bane Dragon. Consider putting the Vanguard and Bane in the Lost Lands or Ilsh...
1. Combat Duping
2. Fix transfers making items non-vendorable
3. Throw the EC in the trash (LoL Classic only ftw)
4. add a few features to classic client
5. Keep the EM program going as strong as it is or stronger
(note* deco packs were nowhere on my list)
1. Legalized scripting making it fair for everyone
2. Hire more EM's please!!
3. More Mesanna tours!
4. Fix that annoying non vendorable item thing. Transfers make items unvendorable.
5. Change the way items are distributed at events to make it more random to all damagers.
Ya'll have a safe nite/day and wish everyone the best in the New Year
(We made it another year ! Whoot !)
(EDIT : I'm half smashed so didn't see the other New Years threads or Id have replied instead of posting this one, sorry.)
1. More players
2. High resolution artwork
3. Shame loot rolled out to all dungeons, t-maps, MiBs etc
4. Stop dupers
5. New banking / gold system / bank account.
1. The recognition by EA of the role that Stratics has played in keeping a player base alive for all these years.
Try to imagine playing UO without any place for discussion between players to take place. Think about that a sec. If this place didn't exist as a way for us to get information and conversation about the game, how long would you have continued to play?
And with that recognition of Stratics by EA - give us a forum where the dev's are more directly accessible... I mean, we do pay the bills don't we?
2. see 1........
Happy New Year to all
I plan - to be here doing my utmost to support the game, the devs, and my fellow players to the best of my ability through forums and playguide information on http://uo2.stratics.com, thus contributing to the well being of Stratics as a whole.
I hope - That the community will continue to support me and the Stratics team in that goal.
My wish for UO - That the servers continue to be there for me to log into. That's all I ask.
Happy new year All
2. stop dupers [full stop] and get rid of the silly vendor dupe finder which simply does not work!!! or fix it!!
3. stop scripters
4. restart dropping all the masses of bugged houses...so what if the land goes green..they need to be gone
5. keep the servers going for years to come even if we have to finally merge somehow.
Happy new year!!!
happy new year !!!!!!
Happy New Year!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy New Year to everyone. Really I only have 2 items on my UO list and that would be to:
1. Finish and release the High Resolution EC update
2. Fix long standing bugs with the EC as outlined in my 2+ year old post about it in my sig.
Without those, my focus remains on seeing the development of Shroud of the Avatar.
Hmm I'd rather see some UO resolutions
01. Actually clean out my house instead of always have 2 item slots free ;P
02. Solo the Slasher or something fun
03. Finish up ALL my mages...ugh
04. Be nicer to dexxers
05. Make use of my transfer tokens!
Happy New Year !
Along the lines of what G.v.P started...
1. Start working on the hoard of treasure maps. Note that I said 'start working' not do them all.
2. Same on the hoard of smithy BODs.
3. Spend more time being helpful to others.
4. Organize and run some events on Baja.
5. Venture more in Fel.
Well on that line:
1. Do more RP related Events
2. Clean out houses and get rid of crap (not likely to happen but it's a nice thought)
3. Try to organize horde again
4. Do more T-Maps/MiB's
5. Do more story writing and RP (Stop Sev's Wedding!)
Omg - seriously? Sev's getting married - AGAIN !
Personally, I think Trilla should get him...
*laughs* She so hates Malag.
Here are my contributions to the list:
Return the character and guild search feature to the official UO website! I'm not asking for a return of the MyUO aspects of it (i.e., you had to log in and could look at specific skill/stat info for your characters). All I want is the ability to once again be able to do a search (with no log-in required) for current/recently active characters by character name so I can see which guild/alliance (if any) they belong to, their top skills, and what the character's paperdoll looks like. I'd also like to have the ability to look up a character by its ID # that shows up in chat. I would also like to be able to view guild information the way we used to (i.e., list of current/recently active characters and skill totals for the entire guild), as well as a list of the top 10 guilds on the shard, based on veteran character status, and the top 10 warring guilds on the shard. I believe that NOT being able to look up character and guild information the way we used to be able to do really gives a bad impression about the current state of UO to people who may have left and are considering returning. It's also something that I think many of us did to get our "UO fix" if we were away from home or for some other reason weren't able to actually play. I've really missed this feature and I'm sure there are many guild leaders who feel more than a little lost without this tool. It was also one of the few ways many of us for keeping track of who was in an alliance with our guild.
Add an in-game messaging/mail system so you can send SHORT messages to other players. It would also be really cool if you could send a crafter some kind of an order form for something for them to craft and they could return the item to you via the messaging/mail system. If the online character search returned and showed you character ID #s, maybe those could be used for the purpose of sending messages/mail.
Fix or undo whatever fairly recent change has made it so that our house security systems no longer seem to recognize that characters on co-owner accounts who want to release secured or locked down items are on the same account as the character that originally secured or locked down an item. I often use my carpenter characters, who aren't always on the same account as the owners of the house, to furnish the house, making and engraving the containers or crafting the furniture as I decorate each room. They are almost always on the same account as my other crafters (tailor/smith/artificer, scribe) and my miner/LJ character, which I play very frequently and that I also sometimes use to secure or lock down items. It has been VERY FRUSTRATING the last couple of months to lock down a box with one character on a co-owner account, swap characters on the same account without completely closing out UO, and have the next character on the account who tries to release that same box get the message, "You did not lock this down, and you are not able to release this." I know that this used to work just fine, but something broke in the last few months which has turned this aspect of decorating a house into a real nightmare.
Do something to make crab and lobster fishing for the purpose of completing fish monger quests less tedious. It's ridiculous that it seems every fisher character has a crab or a lobster type that is rare for them but that always seems to pop up in their fish monger orders. We aren't all playing as part of large guilds loaded up with fishers, so the concept of trading stuff with other players just isn't working. And I've heard that guilds which once had boxes for people to drop off their extras to swap with others have had some less than honorable people come along and just regularly clean out the box so no one wants to bother with it anymore.
Reset once-per-day puzzles and quests at server up or some other set daily time. This is something Gheed suggested and which Mesanna agreed with back in an A&A in March. I'd love to see this happen so it's easier to plan what you want to do when you log in each day. If you try to do these activities daily, as it seems it was originally intended for you to be able to do, you soon end up with the time you can do the quest or puzzle sliding into a timeframe you just can't handle and then you have to skip those activities for a day or two to get the activity's availability time back on a reasonable track again. And if your only time to log in on a particular day is not the same as when you normally log in on other days, you have to decide whether or not to even bother doing the puzzle or quest because if you do, you're going to mess yourself up for the next day. It's maddening and really doesn't make any sense.
Make it possible to dump out partially-filled refinement amalgamators and let us also use them to combine "finished" refinements.
Severely limit the length of time the world map is covered with snow. I understand that snow is part of the world map, so we can't just ask for the ability to toggle it off/on per character. But I sure do wish we weren't stuck with it for what feels like months on end. I'd much rather see it limited to being in the game for maybe just the two weeks around Christmas and New Year's. While it may put some people in a festive mood, some of us live with the darn stuff for months on end in RL and we really get quite enough of it otherwise! LOL Mostly, though, the snow in UO just makes navigating around some areas very cumbersome because you can't really see the hills, the drop-offs, etc. and then you're hung up on something. Ugh.
More written communication from Mesanna regarding ideas that are "under consideration." I think that as long as she is clear when she labels things as "under consideration" or "being discussed," there's no reason for her to fear that most of us are going to come back and say, "But you promised....!" if something doesn't happen quickly. I know I would feel a lot more comfortable paying to keep subscriptions open and actually trying to find time to play if we heard more often from Mesanna herself, especially in writing that is posted to the game's official forum for everyone, current, former, and prospective players alike, to read. Not having seen a producer's letter since last April and noticing that the trend for her to communicate (if at all) via video that is sometimes difficult to track down and certainly isn't as easy to skim through to find the parts that are of interest to me or my guildmates really concerns me.
For more ideas, I hope the dev team hasn't forgotten some of the threads started in the past asking for stuff to change/fix. Here's a good one that you, Lady Storm, started last March: http://stratics.com/community/threa...d-you-like-the-dev-to-do-i-said-small.295845/ .
I can help you with Number 4 if you want to know my secret I'll let you know just PM me.
As for the snow I vote no I love the snow. Actually what I'd prefer is if they could give us a week of spring, a week of summer a week of fall and a week of winter ...... rotate all the seasons as they should not pretend that the others don't exist.
100% agree about more communication!
Well, if we actually could convince them of this, then I'd want longer springs/summers/falls and shorter winters....
Then Maybe you ought to live somewhere in UO that's Tropical..... say Near Trinsic???