1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Non-Gargoyle Imbuers?

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Llwyd, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Llwyd

Llwyd Guest

I'm a late bloomer and just got started on imbuing. I've been holding off doing the race change and wondering if it is really necessary to have a Gargoyle in order to be happy with this skill.

Any happy human/elf embuers out there?

2. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

no but the racial bonus and access to the queens forge does help if you are trying to gather large numbers of relic fragments. plus they have a bonus to enhancing (it just takes me longer (more attempts) to break items) :)

3. Llwyd

Llwyd Guest

Thanks. I guess I'll wait on the decision till my skill is higher... :)

4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Exactly where does it say that gargoyles have a "bonus to enhancing?"

Nevermind, I found it. Didn't know that one. Now how much 'bonus' to enhancing does a gargoyle get?

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hmm, it appears both Stratics and ToR need to update their enhancing calculators to account for the gargoyle's bonus.

6. Aristillus

Aristillus Guest

I have both a human, and a gargoyle legendary artificer, and my gargoyle is almost never used. The gargoyle bonuses are not even big enough that I notice a difference, be it imbuing or unraveling. I find it way more important how the RNG treats me then any bonuses :)

Just my .02

7. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

My Artificer is human, and will always be (I just don't like Gargoyles). The bonus for success chance is minimal, and I have no issue with unraveling Relic Fragments or imbuing high-level mods whatsoever.

8. Llwyd

Llwyd Guest

Thank you! I'm relieved, as I really didn't care for the idea of having to be a gargoyle to imbue.