1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Vetrans Day

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by jerseyboy, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jerseyboy

jerseyboy Guest

to those who have givin their lives to protect what most of us love, i thank you. To the Veterans who sacrafice time away from their families and friends because their in a far off land, i thank you.

Sometime today take a second and really think about what life would be like if we didnt have a military. And just appreciate what we have.

From the spouse of a soldier, and a combat vet myself, i thank the men and women who serve and have served our great nation.

please take a moment of silence for the fallen soldiers, past and present, and say a prayer for their safety in the future.

prayers to the families who lost loved ones in ft. hood, tx this past week, our hearts go out to u guys as well.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

Please take a moment today and everyday to think of the 130,000+ american vetrans who are without a home.
    And the 20% of vetrans who are unemployed atm.
    very very sad statistics, and an even sadder way to thank all of those who have fought for us, and many who lost limbs fighting for this country.
    I think this is an important thing not to forget today on a day which belongs to each and every one of them.

4. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

I was saddened today, it almost has the feel that it isn't a holiday at all. More then ever this day should mean a great deal to all americans.

While I am posting let me put in a pic of my new puppy, have had her for 2 weeks now:

[​IMG]

Her name is Phoenix, given you nature perhaps i should have chosen Sneaky Sue for a name.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

that peaceful little pup sneaky? nahhh, looks like an angel :)

6. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Between 1914 when a maze of interconnected mutual-defense treaties and one act of terrorism accidentally put most of tense and competitive Europe at war with each other, to 11am Nov 11th 1918 when the war-weary and flu-battered nations had returned to practically the same lines of trenches where the war began, over 30 million soldiers (and countless civilians) of all sides had given their lives or limbs to the promise that it was "The War to end all Wars" and would never need to happen again.
    In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.